Notices

Newcomer here I need a little support

Old 06-12-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer here I need a little support

Hey guys. First let me introduce myself a little bit. I am 25 years old and recently i thought I had a problem with drinking and smoking too, so i decided to get rid of the both on my own. Going to hospitals etc is not an option because i have no family support and what so ever. But still I'm at day 5 of being sober now (I stopped smoking cigarettes too). Before that I was drinking like 3-4 liters of beer through the whole day everyday (not only at night or morning). Anyway, except classic beer I didn't drink anything else. However my head started hurting a lot and i was feeling very depressed lately, but i didnt know if it was from the cigarettes or the alcohol. That's why I decided to get rid of the both. I haven't experienced any health problems yet and I can handle some craving which are no problem at all since I have been decisive person my whole life. My questing is, is there a chance for the withdrawal symptoms to appear later or am I just worrying myself to death for nothing?? Also I take only diazepam 2mg once a day which are good to keep me calm and functioning normally. I am monitoring my blood pressure also which seems to be normal since it doesnt go above 110/70. So am I on the right way or is there something very evil waiting for me in the future (considering my status right now)?
Old 06-12-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I forgot to mention that i have been drinking like this for almost 3 years now. But now its it's time to end... (it's the first time i considered stopping also)...
Old 06-12-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome
Old 06-12-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR and thanks for sharing your story and congrats on your decision to quit. By day 5 you should be getting close to rhe end of the acute withdrawal, but you are taking the benzos so that may be part of it. I would check with the Doctor that prescribe them as they can become addictive themselves, was your doc aware of the extent of your drinking when they were prescribed?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I don't know what could be in store for you, you say your five days clean right? I would think if your doing okay at five days you probably won't get the Dt's if that's what your scared of.

The benzos should probably be ended in the next few days since that could be trading one problem for another.

Goodluck luck and glad to hear your making a wise decision at an early age. Hopefully you won't waste as many years as I did.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Actually i took the diazepam 2mg on my own just to calm my anger a little bit. I can go without them anyway. I didn't go to the doctors and I made it to day 5 on my own. I was just scared of getting some sort of brain fog or confusion as I used to get some days when i was drinking too much. But as you guys that detox is almost over I can quit the diazepam in day or two now I feel fine and strong as ever. My problem are not the cravings and other stuff as I said. I am very depressed person and angry all the time (even before drinking). I went into bad periods in my life, problems at high school and other stuff so that was the dumb reason i started drinking too.... I also can do my work nicely with no problems. What I am really struggling with is fear. Fear that something bad will happen, fear that i have some alcohol related disease (even though i don't have any symptoms except headaches but I take it those were from too much smoking...)

I imagime people drinking strong alcoholic drinks for years and making it out sober afterwards. Compared to that I only drank beer (nothing stronger ever) so i guess i wont be getting any DTs.

My plan is to make long pause from drinking and get myself as a normal person again. Not to be a slave to the alcohol. So i can live my life easier and eat/drink whatever I want without being addict or slave to it. The idea was to get to a certain point in life where im not dependant anymore, so i can have a beer once a month, or some birthday party etc... You get the idea, normal consumption very rarely as people do and being ok with it, not binge drinking
Old 06-12-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I recently quit taking oxycodone, prepared for the worst and nothing happened. My point is don't worry about what may not occur. You've got 5 good days under your belt, that is a great start. Just keep it going. Booze has destroyed many-a-life. Welcome to SR.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your support. I feel easier and better already hehe . Its awesome to get some help. So since there are no DTs til now, I hope for the best now. Tomorrow is new Monday and time to start like new person.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 06-12-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's awesome

Hello there,
Hell, I'm only on day two . Five days is excellent! I need to make it to five. I haven't made it to three with no problem. Toodlez
Old 06-12-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What is your abstinence from? This is the first time i try and made to day 5 with no DTs. I asked questions here because i feared them only. I dont have other symptoms at all. Im taking diazepam 2mg on 12 hours (that would be twice a day) and i don't have problems. Tommorow im lowering the dosage to one pill a day. So if I managed to do this without doctors help, you can too. Plus this forum is excellent. Stay on this topic and we will support each other all together.

P.S. My evil was drinking 3 liters of beer every day for 3 years straight. So day 5 is finishing now, it's late but still no symptoms of DTs or what so ever. So if this goes well, it's goodbye vices and hello LIFE

See ya guys tomorrow
Old 06-12-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

And about you maggpie666999, I can give you one advice / motivation. This is how it works for me these 5 days. The money i used to waste on two 1.5 liter beer bottles a day, i saved these 5 days. Tonight I'm treating myself a king like dinner
Old 06-12-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome too the forum. Well done on day 5 xx
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Img-25.gif (89.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 06-12-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by nekojsi321 View Post
So if I managed to do this without doctors help, you can too.
I'm very glad you got to Day 5 and are doing well without a drs help. However, we always encourage people to talk to their dr before detoxing from alcohol because it's unpredictable and can be dangerous.

Neko, I hope you continue to do well and to use SR as a source of support.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 6 guys. I didn't take diazepam last night and this morning. Still no symptoms, so I guess this thing is done for. I can continue like this no problem now. No withdrawal symptoms, no depression or anxiety and i slept like a baby last night.

Thanks for the support. I will stay on this forum anyway, I hope i can encourage others to do as me.