Notices

Stay sober weekender June 12 ... Part 2

Old 06-12-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Moving day. I think I will post a bit about how I feel. Not just the shooting but friends. :|
Old 06-12-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

behappy, I don't use videos or anything like that to meditate... I just read how to do it... no music or background noise - just whatever is in the air...
it is amazing the sounds going on all around that we are not cognizant of while living 'our life'. Thousands of sounds we tune out constantly.
Start with ten minutes at a time. It is enough. Then slowly progress. 20 minutes is good. The main thing is that when you are distracted by 'reality' to go back to your focus point - eyes open, pick a spot on the floor about 6 feet in front of you.... etc.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Had us some Country Fun last Night. Joe Cocker's adopted Town of Crawford blew off a Guano-load of Fireworks over a State Reservoir there to celebrate 'Pioneer Days'. We took our Camp Chairs, and sat up in my Truck Bed to take it all in from a close spot. One interesting bit was that they spent the Fireworks Contributions $$ on neato colors and explosions; not on launching the Mortars very high. So, it was a Chest-thumping Show not that far off the Ground. Cigars & Diet Ginger Beers. No Mosquitos. Driving at Night Sober continues to be a trip! What if everybody was alert, eh?

This Pick-'em-up Truck a few Vehicles away had some fine-sounding Little Feat goin', so here they are below with a lil Southern Tribute Song.

Across this tiny Bay, some Professional Drunk was repeatedly yelling pro-America Slogans, and howling at the Moon in the p/c Sky. Dude was wrecked. We were just giggling because he was such a Caricature. As well as being quite glad we weren't stuck closer to him.

Re: LBrain's SF Tale, below is a Pic from our recent CA Coast Campsite @ Westport ~ Union Landing.
- 'Dixie Chicken' ~ Little Feat ~ Live -

Old 06-12-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Old 06-12-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Old 06-12-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Evening all.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Terrible events in Orlando. People out having a good time who's lives were ended abruptly by an idiot with a gun.

Quiet day here. Just chillin again.

B
Old 06-12-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I gingerly shook his hand. They were bloated and frail. I congratulated him on his win in our pool game. I met his blue eyes and told him I loved him. I went and got us sausage and pepper sandwiches from the many food trucks available.

I have known him for well over a dozen years. A drunk of the highest caliber. He was always bruised. Black eyes. Rehabs. Now sober nearly 5 years. True strength. I admire his fortitude. Just last week he was given less than 6 months to live. Stage 4 lung cancer that is now everywhere. He has chosen to drink but not like he had. No one blames him. He also chose not to fight it.

It's a big day here in Portland. Old Port Festival. 1000's in town. Food, music. Laughter. I went to get my yearly sausage sandwich and knew from a friend he would be out. I stopped in to see him. Yup. My old hang out. But this was important. I needed to see him. It's been a long time. Too long. But from the "old" world. One I can only look in on. Never again to be part of it. Both of us really. Never again. Thank God.

I don't know. Interesting day. Finding out about George yesterday. Today seeing my friend. Seeing folks where time... Alcoholic time... Stands still. We know that timetable. I knew.... That timetable. Tomorrow I go to Orlando where that shooting happened. Business trip. But I know the gay clubs. People online saying terrible things. Like the gays deserved it. I ignore ignorance. Simple is as simple does. My energy is better spent in reality.

Anyway. Home relaxing. Gonna pack. Get my clothes together. Hug my cat. Get ready to take on the training I am heading for. It's a big lift to my career. I am grateful for it. For every damn thing I have and my sobriety. I am grateful.

Deep breath. Relax. Move forward.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Great song and pic mesa! And I love fireworks!!!

Brain that's exactly why I can't stand tour groups- I feel like I'm actually missing the best parts haha

Ok I went back for second breakfast- I can barely move- I'm going to go walk the quarter and try to burn some calories before this dreaded tour bus.

I did this Cuba too- I didn't stay at a resort; I rented rooms from Cubans.
But I would go into the resorts and use their internet, pools and stuff haha
No one knew any better- white girl at a resort didn't stand out.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

That was really moving, Ken. Thank you.

Your poignant words are good for me. So much pain today.

It's hard for me, too, to see what's online. In so many ways. Members of both my immediate and extended family are Muslim. Words can be so hurtful. So ignorant.

I'll choose to embrace peacefulness today.

Peace be with all of us.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Awwwww ken xoxoxo
Travel safe and I love ya buddy!

People are idiots
Old 06-12-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Here's to you Ken. Travel not with heavy heart.

I just read about the Orlando shooting. Tragic. Sad. Senseless.

I am disgusted with news media tho... just give me the facts. "No-one claimed responsibility for the shooting..." no **** sherlock.
The guy is dead, were his last words, "I claim responsibility for what I had just done..." ? Why I don't follow the "news"...

Well, it is a pleasant and windy day here. Just had a 'pizza burger' with mushrooms... I guess I'm going outside to brave the breeze

oh, the saga of the 'bear spray' has been ongoing. She thinks we need to take bear spray to the Smoky Mountains. If she could just learn to not run when she sees a bear, she'll be fine. That's another story...
Thinking of taking the car to Tennessee, 40 mpg vs 20 mpg... don't really need jeep, if we can get everything into the little car - it wins.
I should let Bodhi pack for us...
not sure if I mentioned the firewood I bought yesterday. Lowes had bundles of firewood for 3.50 - 3 of them. When the 7.50 bags of USDA certified firewood breaks, they repackage if with shrink wrap and sell it for half price - better than 7 bucks outside the park.
And I understand they will inspect your wood. I got the usda sticker for it... and I picked up the air mattress... life is good
Old 06-12-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Moving post, Ken. I'm watching more news now - horrible.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

No response from Handyman after my text this morning. Maybe he got the message. I hate this feeing I have that he might be watching me. Went for a great hike just now. Helped me clear my head for a while.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Just waiting for my tour bus at the hotel here.
Looking at the orlando shootings- I didn't realize it was the muslims again.
Leave us alone for **** sake.

Marty- that's actually really creepy, wtf
Just be diligent, if he's doing that he's gotta be a little unhinged.
I don't mean to make a big deal of it- just studying the criminology I read about that kind of stuff and that behaviour isn't good- keep a bit cautious and don't agree to meet him to talk or anything.
Xoxo

There's a big electrical storm right now haha
Thunder, lightening, rain- maybe the tour bus was a good idea after; rather than navigating by myself in an electrical storm
Old 06-12-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Question: the forecast all along the coast is rain everyday all week- does that mean that it rains all day? Or just intermittent rain storms?
In Asia it would downpour for an hour or so then be sunny, then rain again- is it like that?
Please god let it be like that instead of constant downpour ha
Old 06-12-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
And I love fireworks!!!
From last night here.

Separation Day Fireworks
Old 06-12-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

So hungry.... But sticking to the diet. (Shhhh... After the 2 sausage sandwiches). ((Hungry))
Old 06-12-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

What sausage sandwiches ... I didn't see any sausage sandwiches.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I think I'm gonna stay in florida only 1 day on my way to savannah-
I'm going to head down to Grand isle Louisiana for a few days to hang out at the beach.
I like Louisiana a lot, it quieter and poorer which I like .
Ok tour bus here I come- wish me luck.....
Old 06-12-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Yeah I'll definitely be cautious, Jen. I don't think he will do anything, but you just never know. I told him in my text that this is exactly the kind of intensity I was afraid of when starting to date him again - and we had even discussed it. He's really shooting himself in the foot. I was willing to wait a while and see where things could go, remaining friends, but right now I don't see that as a possibility. I just hope he doesn't drink over this.