I guess it was, Marty! Wow so sad! Xo
Old 06-12-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Pics Jen!!!
Old 06-12-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

At least you know Marty. When I don't trust my gut I usually regret it.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Stay safe in orlando Ken
Old 06-12-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Omg MLD!!! It's so horrible when they start doing stuff like that!!
It's really unnerving, please be careful!

I'm not going to church this morning, I'll go next sun, I'm not going wandering around anywhere in this city! I'll go next sun in Alabama or Georgia.
I'm taking a little tour group to see the sites ( I NEVER join tour groups- that's how bad it is)
I just ate about 1500 cals for breakfast.

Bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, croissant, muffin, bread pudding, beignut, brie cheese and gouda, olives, cottage cheese- whoopsie
Looks like I can't eat again at all today haha
Old 06-12-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Marty, I hope he leaves you alone after what you texted. I hate it when guys get like that. I've done it, too. Ugh. So desperate. I hope he can move on.

Brainy, I love that Willie song you posted. He is a hero of mine and I'm touched you thought of us with such a sweet tune. Sometimes you're alright, ya know?

Good morning, all!

Nice to read all your posts from the last thread to this one.

It is a beautiful sunny and cool morning and thank goodness I am not hungover. I would be in so much pain, turmoil, anguish, nausea and headache if I would have drank.

I'm going to a meditation meeting shortly that I am so excited about! My first time. Need to take a quick shower first.

I'll think I'll forego my awesome healthy life giving energy and protein packed smoothie this morning in favor of some raspberry danish.... gotta live life on the edge sometimes

Reminder to myself to get back on track today later.... if I don't eat right after that, the AV monster could drive past my house and text me like Marty's poor dude.

Funny how I fought balance and routine bc I was the bad girl rebel and thought that was thug life, and now my body craves it and asks me constantly for consistency and rewards me with calm stable moods and better cognitive powers. Self care, WHO KNEW THERE WERE BENEFITS? I crack myself up.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Brain! That wallet idea is good!
Someone just suggested it at breakfast after I read your post too!
And shots at 10 am in the french quarter would've had it's own charms haha
Old 06-12-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Marty, I hope he leaves you alone after what you texted. I hate it when guys get like that. I've done it, too. Ugh. So desperate. I hope he can move on.

Brainy, I love that Willie song you posted. He is a hero of mine and I'm touched you thought of us with such a sweet tune. Sometimes you're alright, ya know?

Good morning, all!

Nice to read all your posts from the last thread to this one.

It is a beautiful sunny and cool morning and thank goodness I am not hungover. I would be in so much pain, turmoil, anguish, nausea and headache if I would have drank.

I'm going to a meditation meeting shortly that I am so excited about! My first time. Need to take a quick shower first.

I'll think I'll forego my awesome healthy life giving energy and protein packed smoothie this morning in favor of some raspberry danish.... gotta live life on the edge sometimes

Reminder to myself to get back on track today later.... if I don't eat right after that, the AV monster could drive past my house and text me like Marty's poor dude.

Funny how I fought balance and routine bc I was the bad girl rebel and thought that was thug life, and now my body craves it and asks me constantly for consistency and rewards me with calm stable moods and better cognitive powers. Self care, WHO KNEW THERE WERE BENEFITS? I crack myself up.
Hahaha
You kill me melina you really do!!
Old 06-12-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Jen,

It's good you're in the tourist group. Good way to get all the highlights fast, and you can still do your individual thug life wandering later xoxo

Reminder about Cochon and Peche for amazeballs food later. Well, Monday bc they're closed today.

And yes, photos please!!

Xoxo
Old 06-12-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thread Theme Music w/lovely Pix, and very tasteful Pedal Steel. One of the nicest Odes to a not-yet-retired Hooker I can think of...

' Pearl Of The Quarter' ~ Steely Dan -
Old 06-12-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Wow. So sad. The death toll in the Orlando shooting was just updated to 50. Over 50 injured. Tragic.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wow I was just in the hotel lobby and saw that shooting on the TV!
Ken!!
Old 06-12-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Terrible news out of Orlando. Heartbreaking.

Marty, that's really yucky. Hopefully, he can get past this soon and will not have any contact with you.

Bodhi, you're fine in parts of New Orleans. Take the St. Charles streetcar into Uptown and look at the beautiful homes. Stroll around the Garden District. You're fine in Frenchman's Street on a Sunday afternoon.

Lots of hail here during the night and yet, oddly, my balcony flowers are just fine. Go figger.

Happy Fathers Day to Behan, Sao, Red Andy, Uncle Wolfie and all other Dads who make our Weekenders thread so lovely.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

BTW, Bodhi, if you take the streetcar into Uptown, you can do some heavy-duty campus wandering at Loyola or Tulane. The Loyola campus is probably the nicer of the two.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks ven!
I'll check loyola!
I have my tour booked for 2 pm today so I'll be ok.
I'm actually kind of dreading it haha- I hate being stuck in things like that.
I'm used to doing what I want and going where I want- I think that's why I ended up just buying a motorbike in China; I was going nuts on the tourist buses.

First world problems
Old 06-12-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh yes! Happy father's day to our UK guys!! Xoxoxo

When I checked in here they gave me the M gold elite card because that's what my client is.
So I get to go into the nice lounges at the hotel etc. ( all the food and stuff is free with that card)
I had an amazing breakfast.
But breakfast goes until noon......
Is it really cheeky to go back and have second breakfast? Then I don't have to buy more food until dinner.
What?!?! I'm poor!!!!!!

In the lobby they have a bloody mary table set up that opened at 9 am.
Hair of the dog I'm assuming- crazy place!
Old 06-12-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Sorry about the shootings

Considering the fact that
the undesirables will always
have access, we all should pack.

Changes the odds, doesn't it?
Old 06-12-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

No.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm proud of myself today. I was in kostko for less than 30 minutes. They even had the swiffer things the wife wanted... and gassed up her car... freezer is FULL!
I came on to check what time the hockey game is on today. Even tho my flyers are not in it, a real hockey fan watches the stanley cup...

it ain't the superbowl or world series - much better...

Bodhi, you reminded me of when we was in san francisco a couple years back. Booked the entire trip with a tour agency. After our "sightseeing tour" of Seattle on the bus. We told the driver to leave without us and we'll find our way back to the hotel - close to the airport or somewhere miles south of the city. Took the train around for two days and blew off the tour group.
Then we are in SanFran... tour of city, be at the bus... nope, I know the city, we went exploring, blew off the tour the next day, rented a car and drove up to Muir Woods and other places north of the bay.
Perfect fog roll coming up the cliffs overlooking the coast. One minute you can see the waves crashing on the rocks below, 15 minutes later, you can't see across the parking lot. Gave the wife the grand tour of SF and points north.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
No.
If my door gets kicked open
in the middle of the night,
I know who the victim will be.
Do you?