Notices

Serious anger problems in early recovery?

Old 06-11-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm angry all the time but attribute it to miserable job and marriage.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by ZenLifter View Post
I'm totally stealing this idea from you 😜
I think Bill W gave it away long before I was around but that doesn't make it any less useful. When I realized the universe doesn't revolve around me I find the serenity I seek
Old 06-13-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What is it about driving? I don't understand why people have to be somewhere in such a hurry that they need to tailgate me in a construction zone with workers an inch from cars flying by. I get it, we all want to go home after work. That makes me livid. There is no reason to speed in a zone where people are working. Every day on my way home, there is someone riding me through this zone because we all have to merge and it takes about 30 mins. So they all hit the gas.

After driving for 8 solid hours, this just makes me nuts. I also have to drive people, sometimes 3 executives, and I have their lives in my hands. Plus I have to make small talk. Also, the company cars are not mine and the Presidents car is over 40k. I have had serious panic attacks taking that car out for him. It's like everyone wants to hit it.

Just my rant. My motto is if you're not with someone in labor, slow down lol.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you! I'm very early on but everything my partner do drives me spare! I feel so bad once the red mist has cleared because he's not really doing anything wrong! Just hang in there! We can do it! x
Old 06-13-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
We reacted more strongly to frustrations than normal people.
— AS BILL SEES IT, p. 111

Impatience with other people is one of my principal failings. Following a slow car in a no-passing lane, or waiting in a restaurant for the check, drives me to distraction. Before I give God a chance to slow me down, I explode, and that's what I call being quicker than God. That repeated experience gave me an idea. I thought if I could look down on these events from God's point of view, I might better control my feelings and behavior. I tried it and when I encountered the next slow driver, I levitated and looked down on the other car and upon myself. I saw an elderly couple driving along, happily chatting about their grandchildren. They were followed by me — bug-eyed and red of face — who had no time schedule to meet anyway. I looked so silly that I dropped back into reality and slowed down. Seeing things from God's angle of vision can be very relaxing.
Thank you for this! What a great way of reframing.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
AA Member

In my 1st year I >>>

Threw a chair at a meeting twice
Put my hands on another man in anger
Smashed a ceramic coffee cup in anger

I also made amends for every one of those

The old timers understood that I wasn't only just some azzwhole

I was a scared little boy acting out and they encouraged me to keep coming back