Notices

the evolution of my AV

Old 06-10-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the evolution of my AV

It is really frightening how the addictive voice evolved. Over the last 6 months, while I knew that I shouldn't be drinking, I had one of those "plans" that we think will make drinking okay. My AV was telling me that it was going to be easy to stop again 'when the time comes,' since I was not as out of control as a few years ago. Total BS. Yeah, I was maintaining and functioning fine, but, man, this time around is not at all easy. This is a real challenge. Last time I cleaned up, I used my anger at alcohol to keep me going. Now, I am not as angry as I was before, and I'm struggling--son dang tired. My AV is like, 'it was better before,' you were not this tired when you were drinking.' Shut up! But I am just so tired.

I'll be okay. I just gotta grind a bit.
Onward!
Malcolm
Old 06-10-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there. You're early days right? Do you do any exercise? Helps a lot with energy. That and the occasional nap

I try to detach from pretty much all thinking that doesn't serve the purpose of staying sober and feeling happy. I look at it but I don't talk back, ever (when I start to attach, ponder, argue...the thinking is reinforced). I actively replace the thought with a positive thought followed by a positive action. Sounds corny but it works. Its all about forming new thinking, coping tools and behaviors.

Hang in there.