Notices

Giving up, again

Old 06-09-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Giving up, again

I've been on a binge for weeks. Finally got to the point of not being able to work, not even with drinking in the morning. I'm throwing up every hour or so and I have a child under my supervision. I have to tell my ex, tonight, before something terrible happens. I don't know what will come of it, I just don't know what else to do. I've told myself for days I'll just suck it up and get through the withdrawals, but in reality, I know how bad it's going to be. I need to do something now. Thanks for reading.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been there. Definitely have the ex watch your kiddo. Not a good place for a child. Go to the ER and get some help. The throwing up may get worse if you're just starting and you could get very dehydrated. I went to the ER on May 4th because of that very thing and don't regret it. You can do this. You never have to go through this again.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that you're hurting. Good to come here for support.

At this moment, it sounds like there are two lives that need attention. One is of the child under your supervision. Please secure alternate arrangements *now* so that the child can be cared for safely. Children need and deserve an environment where they're safe.

Second, a weeks-long binge means your life is out of control. You deserve better, too. Don't let this deteriorate any further. At this point, particularly given the physical symptoms you're reporting, you need to seek medical attention and be detoxed in a safe medical setting.

That's what you need to do now.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Get the kid safe, get yourself safe.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Venecia is 100% right on. You need a safe detox with medical supervision and a safe place for your child. After detox you need something to help you maintain sobriety long term. Try some AA meetings. You have friends there there that you have not yet met.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree, at this point in time, you cannot even be responsible for yourself, let alone another.
Get your child to saftey, then get yourself to safety.
You WILL survive this.
AA may not be the answer, I know lots who got well without that stuff....you may want to look into the growing list of alternatives. Lots of people do.
But for now, you need to get out of the waking nightmare you are in. Ive been there, it's horrific, but it's surviourable
You'll do it.
You are in the pits of Hell
But you CAN climb out!
Old 06-09-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing the right thing by making sure your child is care for by her father. I'm sorry you are feeling so miserable. Please do whatever you need to get better.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
I have been there. Definitely have the ex watch your kiddo. Not a good place for a child. Go to the ER and get some help. The throwing up may get worse if you're just starting and you could get very dehydrated. I went to the ER on May 4th because of that very thing and don't regret it. You can do this. You never have to go through this again.
One of the best things a friend said to me when I decided to get sober was "You can come home now, the war is over".
Old 06-10-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by valeriee View Post
One of the best things a friend said to me when I decided to get sober was "You can come home now, the war is over".
This made me tear up. It really IS a war, isn't it?

I agree with the other posters. Get your child someplace safe and get yourself to a medical detox. You never, ever have to feel this way again. Please take care of yourself.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Try to grab and hang on to a moment of clarity and do the right thing goingnowhere. You must. As Venecia said, there are TWO lives that need immediate attention.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know that taking the plunge can be scary, but really when you think about it, what the future will hold if you continue to drink is much scarier then getting the help you need right now. We never know what the future may hold, if you continue to keep drinking you have no idea what you may lose, what legal consequences might occur, or any health issues. If you get sober you know one thing, things WILL GET BETTER, MUCH BETTER and not worse.

First thing I would do is get my child with his father, grand parents, trusted best friend, someone that the child is comfortable with and will be in good care. Second thing I would do is either go to a hospital, medical detox, and inpatient rehab facility. After you are detoxed, substance abuse counseling, staying under a doctor's care, and making a recovery plan and following it would be the ideal situation.

YOU CAN DO THIS. I know it seems hard and daunting, but if you quit now you NEVER have to be in this situation again, you NEVER have to worry about withdrawals, you NEVER have to compromise the safety of your child again, you NEVER will have to deal with the chaos, depression, anxiety, and feeling hopeless ever again.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We're very similar! We can do this together!!!