Notices

Help..

Old 06-14-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I feel for you.

I have been in similar places with drugs and alcohol.

Now, as I approach three years of clean and sober living - life is very different. It is better. I am free of all that misery and suffering.

It wasn't easy, but in the end it was pretty simple;

I made a commitment to sobriety and to life
I got the support and the help I needed to honor that commitment
I took action every day to keep on the track of that commitment
I continued to surround myself with the tools and the resources and the influences of sobriety

And day by day, it got better and better.

You can, too.

Welcome!
Old 06-14-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah I was hooked on Ativan or Lorazepam for a long time. Alcohol really makes anxiety worse as well. So its a double edged sword here. Drinking will temporarily stop the anxiety but once you start withdrawing from the alcohol (the next morning) sh*t really gets tough. get professional help.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Best of luck x
Old 06-19-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, thankyou, I've had a very mixed week, well, as it stands I went to the doctors on Wednesday its now Sunday, I told her everything and unfortunately she said she doesn't want to give me any more Diazapam as I've went a couple weeks without any she said she is more concerned about the alcohol and wouldn't want me back on them, I was disappointed at this as I thought I would be getting tapered off them, she said because I've went a couple weeks I've went this long now and substituted with alcohol she wouldn't want me back on them. I couldn't quite understand that but she said she is more concerned about alcohol, she has put me on the emergency list to see a secondary care phychiatrist and I have an appointment tomorrow at 11 with an alcohol and drug abuse help place, which I'm pretty nervous about, she has actually said this might sound ridiculous but as a doctor I don't want you to just "stop" and go cold turkey, she said this is dangerous and could cause severe anxiety and may even make me faint or have a panic attack the next day, no wonder I felt so bad on the Thursday night I done it, she said I have to stop , drink by a quarter.. So, if I drink a bottle of wine I have to fill a glass and then tip it out to cut down, I am starting a fresh as of tomorrow (Monday) and go from there and see what help I can get. Fingers crossed everybody
Old 06-19-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get some good advice and help at the alcohol and drug abuse help place

Keep us updated about whats going on GreenEyedSorrow

D
Old 06-19-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi GreenEyedSorrow,

I hope you are doing better. I know how hard it is to cold turkey off valium. It is really scary, but you will be ok

I was on benzos 12 years and alcohol 30, the last 5 everyday, all day long. I have now been off benzos 17 months and alcohol one year. It has been a struggle, but it is definitely worth it.

Definitely look into guided meditations on youtube and do an hour of yoga everyday if you can. It helps me with my anxiety and panic attacks.