Notices

Stay sober weekender June 10th Part 1

Old 06-11-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

mechanix I'm such a good procrastinator I've learned to procrastinate my procrastination and now get all kinds of things done
Old 06-11-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Good evening! I hope everyone's weekend has got off to a good start.

I am feeling soooo much better today! I even managed to shower and brush my teeth this morning. I didn't make it out of PJs, though. I think I'm over the worst of this virus, so tomorrow is looking like a good day. No plans as yet, but I think the weather is meant to be nice so I hope we'll get out and about.

Mecanix - I hope you hear from your family soon. Thoughts with you and yours.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:11 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Morning all.

I hope things are ok with your fathers place Mex.

Out early to get juniors new car seat installed. Safety is expensive.

Chill day today. May even light a fire later.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything is OK Mecx

Lunar - they are magnificent, not soothing but mighty impressive. I don't think I would sleep well in their company

My Lancia has I compression ratio of just under 13 to 1 which means I have to buy octane boost to get the level up to 101 (95 is regular). Just checking if I can take it through the Eurotunnel. No doubt it is available in France but it is not easy to find
Old 06-11-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning, folks! Woke up at 4:30, but was able to get a bit more sleep.
Happy very belated anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. Wolfie!!
Mex - hope your parents' place will be ok - scary!

Another hot one here today - but I'm looking forward to my field trip to guy friend's cabin. It will be a long day. It's 2.5 hours each way. Wish we were spending the night, but he leaves for Austin, TX early Monday morning and wants to be home to do laundry and pack tomorrow. Sometime later this summer I hope I can go again and have some fun. Today will just be work.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders!

Jsbodhi-Hope you were able to quiet the mind and get some good rest! Enjoy New Orleans!
Jo-Best of luck with the meeting! Let us know how it went!
Mex-Saying a prayer for your parents and their home! Keep us posted!
Lunar-Tarantulas? Scorpions? Please tell me no scorpions!
FlossyTeaCake-Hi May friend! Glad your feeling better!!!
MLD-Don't work too hard!

Hard to believe but I'm up and about and the lil man is still sacked out! Not much on the agenda for today.....I'm g-ma this a.m., maybe a bike ride this afternoon if the weather holds out, and sticking close to the thread I will not drink today and I will not change my mind!
Old 06-11-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

good morning all, I tweaked my back yesterday trying to move very heavy rocks in a middle of stream, bending at the hips etc. all the wrong things to do...
sun is up, birds are carrying on, refrigerator is running...

Sao, I had to educate myself a little before I commented on the 101 octane you need, 95 being regular... in usa 87 is regular... however, the system for rating gasoline is different here than other parts of the world... you need an american shell station near you...

well, I gotta get to work early... I went fishing yesterday and paid the price...
Bodhi, not sure I understand, are you already sleeping with the brother or is it on your things to do list, like getting another post card?

Yesterday I was saddened by the thought that unless I go strictly vegetarian, I will no longer be able to claim I produced everything I eat - deer meat counts. And I realize I am going to have to spend bucks now if I want to "meat up". I had enough to last through September at least. It means, get ready for hunting early this year.
later
have fun up north ML
Old 06-11-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
good morning all, I tweaked my back yesterday trying to move very heavy rocks in a middle of stream, bending at the hips etc. all the wrong things to do...
Didn't realize they dammed up streams for fishing.....sounds unsportsmanlike conduct to me.....possibly report it to the Berks County Game Commission? Another quick question- my internet has been jacked up as well throughout this past week (losing connection, taking forever to load pages) do you happen to have Windstream as your internet provider? Don't know if Windstream is the issue at our homestead or something else....hubby is threatening to switch to hughesNet (satellite internet). Not sure I want to take that leap, but this week's first worlds problem has been a been a huge PIA!
Old 06-11-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
early start here cause it's supposed to be another hot day. Long dog walk planed and then volunteer w. Should be a good day.
but first I gotta charge this tablet!
I hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying the weekend -sober!
Old 06-11-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Good morning and have a good weekend everyone! I have to go to work later today bit I'll make the best of it anyway.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Up a little earlier than I'd like but that's OK as I'm hitting the farmers market and then off to see Mom. She left a VM for me yesterday evening noting that my brother is doing a turkey on the grill and she "hopes I'll be staying overnight." Feel a little bad about that as I go there so often (it's only an hour each way) but staying overnight isn't my favorite thing. It's not much of a life, in some respects, but I do have my own life back here. SIgh ...

As Marty noted, it's going to be a steamer here today so glad to be hitting the market early. 93 F and high humidity is predicted.

Bodhi, don't fret. Think of the money you're saving by not having to get a hotel in New Orleans, just pay for the parking. You'd never come close to $44 a night there. If need be, can you put some of the trip on plastic? You've waited for this for too long to be anxious.

Well, that's about it. RedAndy, I think you mentioned strawberries and black pepper. Sounds intriguing and I'm hoping there may be some early berries at the market.

Take care all. Mex, I hope your folks are OK.

BTW, Sao, I usually fall asleep to the BBC but didn't hear that segment about voices from the '20s. It sounds fascinating and I'm going to look for it online.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

On the road, a bit later than I expected. It's already steamy here. I'll be trying to stay hydrated. Have a great day!
Old 06-11-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Good morning Enders!
Was actually able to sleep in a bit.
But now that I'm up, I best take pup for a walk.

My kind of day out there! Cool and cloudy!
(Sorry Bim )

Old 06-11-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post

Sao, I had to educate myself a little before I commented on the 101 octane you need, 95 being regular... in usa 87 is regular... however, the system for rating gasoline is different here than other parts of the world... you need an american shell station near you...
Stick to fishing LB - safer by far

I just looked up the US octane ratings - interesting. You use something called MON or Motor Octane Number - here it's RON or Research Octane Number and the RPM's different.

I should probably have detuned it a bit before taking to France but it runs really well and tuning those three Weber carbs is akin to herding cats so I have left it.

It is Le Mans after all

Football tonight - to be on the safe side I am staying in to watch. The Saoutchik tenner (£10) is on Germany to win the tournament. 2 years ago I got them in the sweep at work for the World Cup - first time I have ever won a sweep so I am relying on them.

I predict England will make a scrambled qualification to the knock out stages having bored everyone to death followed by losing in the last 16. Mr Confidant

Seriously - our players are weak between the ears
Old 06-11-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hi! Clocking in this weekend! Bad week. Drank M-Th. Dry Friday and Saturday. Just about to go to bed, am tired today. Enjoy the rest of Saturday wherever you are!
Old 06-11-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend.
I have had ups and downs but I am back here so that's a good sign.
It's a beautiful sunny morning in southern British Columbia. Maybe take the boat for a spin today.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi NorthernLass!

I'm looking forward to a cloudy day here too, Olive! Supposed to rain later which is even better!

Jen, you'll do fine in New Orleans! Eat lots of beignet and everything will be perfect

An overall feeling of peace and contentment continues today! It's like I know there's some big scary stuff coming up but I've decided to do the opposite (thanks George Castanza ) of what I usually do which is worry and stress myself sick. I'm deliberately living in the moment and trusting things will fall in to place as they usually do with or without my help! Basically, I'm riding the Peace Train this weekend!
Xo
Old 06-11-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good to see you Ktm!
Old 06-11-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Brain, hope your back feels better very soon!
Xo
Old 06-11-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Morning everyone- I managed to fall asleep- if I didn't you all would have heard about it all night haha.

Ven- you're right, I'll do my best not to fret- I'm an incessant worrying by nature

Brain- I already slept with him.
Pan pal already told his brother to behave himself with me- he has a few more years left in prison- he'll get over it by then I'm sure.

Mec xoxo

Northern lass and KTM- glad to see you!

Hi simplicity!

Have fun marty xx

Hi to you too sao and everyone else!