Notices

Alcohol and vision problem

Old 06-07-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol and vision problem

I am a student doing graduation in Abbotsford. I was addicted to alcohol and now I am recovered from my addiction. It was counselling and medicines that helped me come out of this. My family was happy for this, but now I am facing some vision issues. I am not able to see things. Have heard that alcohol addicts normally face all these kind of problems. I doubt that in my case. But I don't want my parents to know about this. My friend asked to undergo an ICL surgery at Valley Laser Eye Centre so that my parent won't know about this. The thing is I am not able to drive at night even, because of this vision trouble. Will a problem of this sort happen to those who were an addict before? Will an ICL surgery help me out in this situation? Anyone here, have undergone similar situation? Or any other suggestions?
Old 06-08-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The only person that can answer your questions is an eye dr.

That being said, my vision sucks after a bender...but that clears up within 2 weeks. My vision sucks anyway...I'm old. I now wear very low level readers (1-1.5) at night and it clears up my vision. A cheap, quick fix but it was an eye dr who recommended this.

Good luck.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you may just need glasses?

Not being able to adjust to low light conditions is a pretty typical age-related change. Maybe just start with a simple eye exam?
Old 06-08-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congratulations on your recovery yror. As others have mentioned, the only person who can give you a definitive answer is an eye doctor. If your family already knows that you've gone through counseling for your addiction, what's the difference if they take you to the eye doctor? It's entirely possible that your vision issues have nothing to do with drinking too.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Yror
Old 06-08-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rar

I don't know how long you've been sober, but I had vision problems for about 2 weeks after I quit. I need glasses, but my eyes were watering and blurry. I thought I had some sort of eye infection or cataracts. I'm 3 weeks today and the blurriness and watering has cleared up. If your's doesn't go away, I concur with the others in seeing your eye doc. That was my plan if it didn't clear up.