Notices

Finding my own power

Old 06-06-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finding my own power

Day 25.

I went to a gig my BF's band had booked on Friday night, about 45 minutes from home. This time I went alone (I can usually make friends at these kind of oddball locations; they're often people up for the weekend at touristy-type resorts, etc). Had the thought to have a drink, hey, who would know. I chose not to. Some of the more drunk crowd of guys at the bar tried to buy me a shot, I politely passed on that also.

Stopped in by my sister to say hi yesterday afternoon. We talked about how things are going. I said that honestly, having a fight or a bad day makes me think of having a drink, but then I think, why give that person/situation that kind of power? Why harm myself, to what...spite THEM? They don't care! So far, that's worked for me.

She told me she's never heard me talk like that in my entire life (with that kind of awareness, empowered, whatever). Makes me hope that even after 36 years, I am STILL evolving.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations
Old 06-06-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, you are and I am still evolving. That's what it's all about. And, good for you for not allowing others to push you to drink. That was an excuse I used for a long time and it's pointless.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 25 days cherrybreeze 👍👍👍

You're absolutely right about not giving your power away to someone else or to a situation. I have struggled with this very issue over the weekend...unfortunately I did give my power away for 24 hrs or so (food not alcohol...but just as harmful for me). But with the help and support of my therapist, today I regained my power which I had temporarily given away and I will do my utmost to protect it going forward 💜

Wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey x
Old 06-06-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey cherrybreeze,

Congrats on your progress--25 days is awesome. Glad that you're not letting others bad vibes drive you to drink again. People are stupid, drinking over them is stupider lol.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job! I'm in my 50's and still evolving....at least I hope so!