Notices

AA and NA MEETINGS HUSBAND DONT UNDERSTAND

Old 06-05-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Lilly I think the main thing you can do is keep posting regularly & at the same time try to keep things simple maybe start doing either the steps in aa or just Na not both as it sounds like an overload on hubby and I know you love him and it's really obvious he loves you

I think what you said about dealing with the PTSD will really help ask your Dr to refer you they have great services in Scotland I have family up there working in mental health

Don't suffer in silence & keep it simple xx
Old 06-05-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Sorry i haven't replied until now was out at church ( my husband is atheist but comes with me to church so i can go ) we go to a night time service which start at 6pm we dont get back home until 9pm as the church is a bit away from us and we need to travel but its a small church and i like it there there a women group on a Thursday av been going to i like there people there they are all friendly plus there are cakes and short bread there with a nice mug of tea is offered
Am seeing my dr on the 20th of June there will be a waiting list of a year or so to see someone free from the NHS i cant afford non NHS ...

I want to thank you all for your support i dont know what id do without you guys and this forum
tomorrow is an easy day nothing on apart from AA and its only down the road from where we stay its only once a week though i wish there was more days it was there as it would be handy to have its so nearby
I knew the women who set it up there but she died a few years ago from medical problems unrelated to her drinking she died sober , she is one of many Higher powers i have she'd kick my butt if I drank .
i will just stick to AA i think your right things getting a bit much for my husband ... my husband will not take a break from caring for me he says he dont trust anyone else to look after me we have never had rest-bite Av asked him to get some but he says no
he dont get help from Carers support he doing this all on his own
and i know that its gets too much for him and we fight as we are in each others pocket all the time ...
at lest with the AA meeting near home he can get a break even if its for an hour or so
I could ask someone to take to me to meeting but i dont know many people there and i dont want to impose on them especially when i dont know them ...
thank you all for supporting me in this thread and the others i have posted in its means a lot to me that people care about me

Old 06-05-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Lily,

I used to feel the same as you. Then I met an older gentleman named T. T feels its his service to drive people to meetings. Just as some find their service work in leading a meeting, he found it in helping others get to the meeting. You might just find a woman has a similar belief if you ever have that "need" to get to a meeting.

Just another perspective to consider.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Earth Child

maybe ill ask someone
I am listening to music and hanging out online
I feel like am useless am 40 coming up and i have done nothing with my life my sister has 5 kids and a granddaughter
I have no kids and i spend most of my time online or at groups my mum must be ashamed of me she also says my mental health is attention seeking av tried to explain to her and about and she not interested at all
My step dad had mental health problems he killed himself 5 years ago
i dont know what she was like with him they would fight and she would bring up his mental health in a bad way
So am worthless or defective there is no point to my life
am a loser
My husband carers for me he helps me but i think his family must think we are lazy and that why we dont have Jobs or done anything to help other people
I am a waste of space
i feel so down at the moment
My husband got up in one hell of a mood now am in a mood
I'll stop mopping now