Notices

Day two hallelujah

Old 06-04-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day two hallelujah

Got an IV yesterday and it saved my day. The vitamin b injection, IV, the Ativan, the getting work done all felt good. I went to a high risk fundraiser but that I absolutely could not fail to attend as a friend had bought my very expensive tickets and it was an event to celebrate a number of very close people to me (that by the grace of God still love me). Open bar and so many glasses of wine offered but I resolutely and easily stuck to water. I know I won't be so strong at social events but I'll figure out methods for that inclination that just one will be fine. Because guess what? It ain't fine. Ever. Not for me. I've been at this for years.

Started the morning in my garden at 6am - 2 week binge and magically it was still doing well thanks to my SO who watered it.

Did laundry. Showered deeply (ugh those night sweats). Made coffee and logged on here.

I'm exhausted because a horrific nightmare woke me at 4. As a distraction I caught up on work until 6 and got up.

More laundry sand breakfast in the park with my SO. Then a day of volunteering and another big fundraiser tonight. My SO says skip but I like being out sigh him and at least we have a set table to sit at. Last night was a lot of standing and chit chat.

I believe I will have the willpower I need tonight for a few reasons

1. I'm happy sober
2. I'm productive and like myself so much more
3. I can't keep doing this
4. I owe it to myself
5. My psychiatrist said I need to make it through the weekend to start my medical treatment
6. People are starting to notice and I can't slip again
7. There's so much I want out of life and that first drink ruins all of that until I stop my binge.

8. I'll log on if I feel tempted

9. I have to be up and productive at 8 and not show up with a bottle in my bag to get through the day without withdrawal

10. I'm really losing a lot of my memory which has always been excellent

11. At work yesterday I was sober but found tasks taking long. I hope I don't have brain damage.

12. I want to be true to my loved ones

13. I've developed a flickering in my eyes - this happens to me on withdrawal. Heading to eye doc ASAP but I already have bad eye. I really don't want to further damage them.

14 my finances are a mess. Luckily I only have one credit card but I pay off just the minimum every months. Bills and rent get paid, but my savings are far less than where they should be.

Oh random I keep thinking I'm hearing really faint music playing.

Anyway thanks for the support.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Keep stringing those together!!!! Each one is a milestone.

Love seeing these posts
Old 06-04-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Earth Child

You are doing well , well done on day 2
Old 06-04-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you I should also say I find these social events so boring - a big reason why I drink st them though I still find them socially taxing. I like more intimate setting or just being alone.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 days sober! Great post!!!
Old 06-04-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you got a recovery plan ?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 06-04-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Back after an exhausting day of volunteering And have 1 hour to get ready for event. Curled up on the couch with water. A beer crossed my mind. But I just can't do this all again. So comfy nap and water.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi water
How did last night go? I must say, you're doing an awful lot for day 2-3 of abstinence/detox. Bad enough to be hospitalized. I would be babying myself big time, resting, hydrating, eating. But obviously you have to decide for you what to do. Hope you're doing well.