Notices

Fml

Old 06-05-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Vulturine,

Lots of great advice above. There are many paths to recovery, but you need to address the immediate physical issues first. Get to the ER today, they can help figure out what is going on. Also, ask to speak to someone who helps with addiction. They can help you plan out your recovery. Inpatient sounds like it may be what you need to get started on this path.

I know it seems impossible right now, but sobriety is worth it, YOU are worth it.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Try booking a meeting with ADAPT in the GTA and also look into homewood and port colborn treatment center its near St. Catherin. But most of all please make an attempt, hell give a.a another try if you have to!
Old 06-05-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vulturine View Post
AA won't work for me. I don't believe addiction is a spiritual problem.

I became dysfunctional over a year ago. Now I'm dealing with consequences. It isn't pretty.
When you say dysfunctional, do you care to elaborate? Sorry you are feeling down. Also, the bleeding is obviously a bad sign. I hope you consider having it checked out.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Vulturine, I am worried for you. You are young and smart and you have your whole life ahead of you. It doesn't have to be like this. I know when I was where you are today, it all seemed too overwhelming to do anything about. Even though I was miserable, it was easier to keep doing what I was doing. But finally one day that was no longer the life I wanted for myself. I am capable of so much more, and so are you. Please please get whatever help you need. You can do this, and it will be so worth it.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're all worried about you Vulturine. Did you go to an ER or seek medical help?
Old 06-05-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vulturine View Post
AA won't work for me. I don't believe addiction is a spiritual problem.

I became dysfunctional over a year ago. Now I'm dealing with consequences. It isn't pretty.
I know people in AA who aren't particularily spiritual. The fact is you need some help. Being picky about it is a great way to stay wasted and p*** your life away. AA teaches much about how to live with alcoholism without picking up that first drink. Choose something, do something. Get sober. Puking blood is not normal. You say whatever is causing it won't heal. Get sober for awhile then see.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

How are you doing Vultirine?