Notices

If You Knew Then What You Know Now..

Old 06-04-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My DOC was heroin, so when I stuck a needle in my arm it wasn't like I didn't know where that was heading... but no I wouldn't change it because although I have been through hell and back, I now know I am capable of ANYTHING now that I have reached true recovery, and lets be honest.. not all my memories were bad ones. I had a hell of a lot of good ones, I learned life lessons, I met some amazing people in recovery that I would have never met if I never was an addict, and I truly think my outlook on life, family, and the future wouldn't be this strong or this centered if I never had the experiences I had in the past.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

you know, it's dangerous for me to even think about this. it's too easy to romanticise the booze - to wonder if i could have reined it in and therefore still be able to drink.

i loved booze, it didn't love me. i loved it even though my parents were violent acloholics. i've been through so much because of the demon drink, but i choose to believe that i am exactly where i'm supposed to be.

i prefer to think about the future these days, not the spinning. chaotic past.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

I would have never taken one single sip.
I would have been the geekiest, boring-est person on the planet.
I would not have all the negative, yuck memories to carry around with me. I would not be in the job I am and not live where I live. I would have had so many more opportunities in life.

But that is not what happened. So onward...doing the best with what I got and trying for better.