Notices

day 1( third try)

Old 06-03-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 1( third try)

I'm in therapy under the supervision of an addictions psychiatrist. We are adding meds to aid in sticking to my recovery.

I honestly deserve to be fired. During this last binge I made up some completely insane lies - using Heath related excuses that aren't even true.

I have all these weird bruises!

Can anyone share tips for the vomiting? I can't keep anything down.

Ugh I'm sorry to be starting again. Thank you for still supporting me.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Water!
Old 06-03-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Water. I'd strongly suggest seeing a medical doctor too about the issue if you are having major physical withdrawal symptoms. Physical withdrawals don't last forever, but they can be pretty severe in some cases. How long has it been since you quit drinking?
Old 06-03-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I quit yesterday after a 18 day binge
Old 06-03-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and working on your recovery again. What changes can you make in your recovery plan to ensure you succeed? It's always a good idea to talk to your dr before detoxing because it can be tricky. I hope you feel better.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

The vomiting will go away eventually if it does persist see a Dr

Good to see you trying Water
Old 06-03-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Water441 View Post
I quit yesterday after a 18 day binge
Acute withdrawals can last several days, so if you are only one day out of a major binge like that things could get worse before they get better. Withdrawals can get progressively worse each time too, so the potential for new symptoms you've never had before are a real possibility.

Not trying to alarm you, rather just to make sure you stay safe. The inability to keep fluids and foods in your body can have some serious consequences if it doesn't get better soon so please get help if you need it.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes the inability to keep down liquids is brutal. I may go in for an Iv of fluids.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

If you try to drink water do it very slowly in small sips that will help
Old 06-03-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just booked for an iv drip that's designed for this type of thing.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I think an IV drip is a wonderful idea. Please keep us updated as much as you can. You're in my thoughts.

Remember you never have to feel this way again. Sobriety is a better way of life! You can do this. We all can do this!
Old 06-03-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am a pathological liar when I'm drinking. I really am incapable of being honest with anyone including myself. I've made up elaborate stories to give to employers in the past to account for absences. I once drank for a week straight locked away in my apartment and told my employer I was having surgery at the Mayo clinic to remove a cyst on my pancreas. My mother is a doctor so I had her write me a note (she uses her maiden name) for the HR department saying I had the flu. I spun such a web of lies I often can't keep track of what I told to who. It's madness.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I told work I had a tropical disease! That I had cervical cancer. I told my mom and my BF I had cancer but then the second opinion said it was a mistaken diagnosis. Not sure they believed that one.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Water441 View Post
Yes the inability to keep down liquids is brutal. I may go in for an Iv of fluids.
That's what I did 31 days ago. And that was after 5 days of drinking. I could not stop vomiting and was only maybe 27 hours in so I knew I was in for trouble. They gave me Ativan and Zofran. Also a script for Ativan and my withdrawal was totally manageable. Please, don't torture yourself. Get the help.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I told my family I had an appendicitis once. What was that about? When I sobered up I told them it was all a bunch of insane BS. They were kind of stunned as I had never done anything like that before. They forgave me but it was really embarrassing. Tropical disaster? Like Malaria or a Tsunami? Good one. Sorry, I'm not making light. Its just amazing the things we do isn't it? I'm a madwoman when I drink. It wasn't always that way, but it is now. This last year that insanity has escalated and is down right life threatening. No more!

Ice chips. If you're non stop puking just small bits of ice, let them melt in your mouth. That's what they did for me when I was in hospital.