Notices

My Plan

Old 06-01-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Plan

I have shared many plans on here and had 5 day 1's. I have always had a plan that included drinking down the road somehow and moderation has not worked.

My plan is NOT take a sip of alcohol all of June. I started exercising yesterday. I am going to join a gym also. I have a very dedicated personality. For a long time I have been dedicated to getting to the weekend to drink. In the past I have been dedicated to health though and I will do it again.

I have purchased the 30 Day Sobriety Solution on Amazon and will be reading soon. I am a lot like Forest Gump. Once I make it to the county line why not the state, then to the ocean why not turn around. This has been an issue with drinking too. I drank last weekend and feel good now so why not drink this weekend. Well, thats going to stop and I am going to make my inner Gump strive for health and happiness and not binging. Once I make it a month, why not 2 or 3 or 4 or a year or for life.

Thats my plan.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like a good start BD. Joining the class of June here on SR would be a good addition to your plan as a suggestion.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keeping a positive attitude helped me immensely.

Your mind is the most powerful tool you have.

You can do this!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope you do this il be rooting for ya
Old 06-01-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am new to this site and this is actually my first post. Your post stood out to me because that is actually my plan as well, to stay sober this month. I also just joined a gym and want to replace my drinking sessions with working out. Stick to it! There seems to be a lot of great support here! You got this!
Old 06-01-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love your attitude! Run Forest Run!!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Get a pad of paper and a pen or pencil. Start with above plan. Add to it regularly and Practice each step regularly. You're gonna need a bit more than a decision and some exercise.......just my experience!
Old 06-01-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree that joining the June class would be a great support. I have had many day ones in the past as well. SR, especially the January 2016 class have been my biggest supports.

Looking forward to getting to seeing you on SR, and hearing about your journey!
Old 06-02-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am in the June class now and will be posting.

Sleep was rough again last night. Not having a set date that I know I will drink again is also nice. If I can get through this month I truly believe I can make it complete sobriety for life.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can get through the month I know what you mean when I reached 30 days it was a game changer

Hope your sleep improves with routine it really helps
Old 06-02-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Soberwolf. It has been a game changer to know you decided to quit when near my age. You are an inspiration.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 4 and feeling good. Most times I would look forward to leaving work on friday for that vodka and gatoraid ride home. Today I will go running again.

It wont be the first friday I have done this but the first time with the mindset I have now. Alcohol just gets to where its such a weight on your soul and not even fun any more. I have a full sover weekend pland with some fun stuff involved. Stuff that I drank through last weekend. I look forward to truly taking part, enjoying, spending time with my wife, not disappointing her, and remembering.

You guys were right. Its all in the plan. In thr past I planed to moderate aka planned to fail!!!

Have a great weekend!!
Old 06-03-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Keep up the good work congrats on day 4
Old 06-03-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if you enjoy reading about sobriety, but I do, and I found a great blog about a women in the uk that was just going to stop for a time, but it became a permanent change. Her website is called sober school, lots of good reading there, not sure if her old blog is linked, but I'm sure it is.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Felt like I needed to check in for some reason. I jogged this afternoon and ran errands. Stopped by my wifes work to see her. I feel very calm. No other time was like that. I am going to lose some fiends and thats ok. I am going to have to tell people I am not drinking and thats ok.

I dont know why I am so at peace and calm and happy but I love it. I know I am staying sober this month with 0 plans to drink at all. I have thought a lot tonight about how much I am going to learn in 30 days and how much easier it will be to just quit. July 1st is a Friday and if I feel like I do right now It will be an easy decision.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Instead of having a monthly focus, you could have a daily focus which might make sobriety a bit more achievable.

Instead of not drinking in June, why not just stop drinking on the day's that end in "y"

You know, like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, . . .
Old 06-03-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know I had to accept that I would never drink alcohol again, ever - at that point things began to change and my mind worked on finding new and healthy ways to deal with life. I know you can do this!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on day 4 BD.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm on my 4th or 5th quit now. The thing that's different is that I have a plan. Not just planning not to drink, but, written and tangible. I bought a 13 week goal,planner and I'm breaking my plan into daily steps. Try looking one up on Google. Or Amazon. Take your 13 week plan and break it into bite sized pieces that you do every day. Part of my plan is attending 2 meetings per week, spending and hour every morning and night in mindfulness, that may include being on here, and reading one chapter a day of the aa big book. Later goals will be getting a sponser and working the 12 steps. Just my two cents one day at a time ... ☺️☺️☺️
Old 06-04-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Its so nice to feel great on a saturday morning. I do however need to kill 8 hours alone today while it rains. My plans to stay busy did not include rain. I know Inam not going to drink. Just looking for ideas? I wanted to be outside exerxising then working.