Notices

Just be you weekender May 27th Pt 2

Old 05-31-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'll never catch up with y'all after missing so much. For what it's worth I'm cold 90% of the time.

Came home last night to some not so good news and I'm trying to stay busy so my mind doesn't have time to wander. Sometimes your heart hurts and there's not a damn thing you can do about it except keep going through the motions of living.

Thundering here about to storm.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I grilled a brill with tapenade, new potatoes and olives - rather good but I have read that brill stocks are in short supply due to overfishing. The list of fish I like but now rarely buy keeps getting longer

Tetra it sounds to me like the crab apple lady is deeply insecure herself. You will do a good job
Old 05-31-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Car problems suck! Sorry trach
Old 05-31-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Brynn/Trach I must have cross posted

Sorry about your bad news Brynn, I hope you don't dwell on it. Positive thoughts heading your way

Trachemys - most likely either engine management unit which cheap to reset but pricey to replace. Hope it doesn't come in expensive
Old 05-31-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
LB, I am pretty much permanently "fershmeckled" over indoor climate control. (Thanks for the psychologically correct term, Ken.). In my world it is ALWAYS a damp 45 degrees, either thanks to insufficient heat or overzealous AC. Twelve months of the year...... I. Freeze.
It's not your fault, Bixxy! You're getting bamboozled which leads to fershmecklment!

Air Conditioning Standards Are Based on Male Metabolism : Shots - Health News : NPR
Old 05-31-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
It's not your fault, Bixxy! You're getting bamboozled which leads to fershmecklment! Air Conditioning Standards Are Based on Male Metabolism : Shots - Health News : NPR
This explains a lot. I'm always cold in public spaces too. I bought some cute little summer tops for wearing to the new job. I can wear them, but have to wear a cardigan over them. Kind of defeats the purpose. And sandals?? Forget it. I do have a little space heater at home I could bring in to put under my desk. I'll have to do that.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
There once was a Chef, a real Thug
She skipped all the Drink and the Drug
With TV now wired
She'd veg out when tired
Or, put up a Pic of her Mug

Burma Shave

- Apple TV Hookup -

A good Schnooze was had by all last Night, so the last phase of clearing out this House happens this Morning. Stick a Fork in my Azz, I'm done. I'm all *Housed out*. After Years of Rental Properties prior - and having 3 Houses - I be ready to move on to other things in Life. Exciting times, just to realize that. While permanently Sober. Not to mention that dropping these Property Taxes; Mountain Subdivision Fees; and nixing the Electricity Bill instantly puts another ~$350-/Month in our Pockets.

In a neato Karmic sendoff, some Afternoon Showers yesterday led to the damp Environs that - in this cool @ 9,050' - caused Fog that is really special up here in the Pines. Leisurely & chilled Geezer Driving will get us Home safely as we put 20 Years of Memories up here to a pleasant rest.
That was so funny, Mesa! Thank you for the giggle!

I'm happy you are so pleased about the house situation! What a great attitude, you rock!

I plugged in the tv and the coaxial that arrived today. The tv turns on and I can get to the settings menu.... I went to channel scan but it doesn't pick up any channels.

Bc I've had three tacos and a huge horchata, I must close my eyes now and leave the tech stuff for a little later. Still don't know where I put the Apple TV thing.

I got sent a project from a job I'm interviewing for. Design some dishes, cost them out, maybe even make them and send over the pix, descriptions, allergens, possible mods, cost, and inspiration.

So I better nap.

I gotta get to the gym today, I'm supposed to do the workout my trainer gave me twice before I see her again on Friday. Maybe I'll get it done once but I have to go today. I'll see if there's a Zumba class as well and perhaps double up.

But first, we nap. I went to the south side for tacos with my friend and the driving zapped me.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Brynn, I'm sorry for your bad news. Hugs hugs hugs.

And hi to everyone!
Old 05-31-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Brynn, I'm sorry to hear that you got bad news. Hugs to you.

Trach, maybe it'll be something not expensive to fix. Good luck!

I did want to say about the tire fix. Is it going to be safe at high speeds and not just because it's holding air? That's always my concern if they patch it.

Tetra, I can't imagine that they would get rid of you on day three of the job. Why bother hiring anyone if that were the case.

I'm sure most of the women here have an "office sweater" to don in the freezing temps of the summer office environment.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

(((Brynnie)))
Old 05-31-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks for the hugs y'all. It's the not knowing that gets me and of course the not knowing leads to the catastrophic thinking and that's what I've got to stay away from.

I have an office sweater, an office fleece jacket and a space heater and use all three year round! My boss and I are always changing the thermostat on each other. He usually wins cause, well, he's the boss.

Quiet in the office today. Just me and the rain at the moment.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Melina I had some amazing Mexican food this weekend! And I saw lots of 'bacon' stuff that reminded me if y'all! Bacon lip balm, bacon cola, bacon air freshener...bacon is the new black it seems lol!
Old 05-31-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

This is going to sound childish but I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. Of course I'll go but I hate the thought of being watched all the time.
I was talking to my dad and he said "you'll be fine. Remember the last two jobs you had? You hated both of them for weeks in the beginning until you settled in".
Old 05-31-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Sorry you got bad news Brynn. Hope things are ok.

Best of luck with your tv connection adventure Melina!

I hope you find a way of negotiationg the office politics Tetra. Every office has a bullying control freak.

Had dinner outside this evening as scorching hot day. Sorry English friends!
Old 05-31-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Emm...what does cheese say when it looks in the mirror?

Halloumi
Old 05-31-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Word up dawgs.
Finally home, construction all over the damn city, been working since 6 am.
Kinda bad mood, but not too bad that it won't go away soon.
Will read up as time goes on tonight.

So SU made Dee leave huh? The rigged shotgun sent him over the edge haha
Xoxo
Old 05-31-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
The rigged shotgun sent him over the edge
Naw. Dee's a grown-up and very mindful of the need to practice self-care while his music takes on a growing role in his life. And I know you're kidding, dear Bodhi.

But I would like to say something on a more serious note here:

I've been frustrated by the rigged shotgun on this thread. Frankly, it has felt to me like snapping fingers at a waiter/waitress not moving fast enough for us.

A couple weeks ago, there was a heated rigged shotgun going on on the thread just as Dee was working hard to deal with a particularly troubled poster. The troubles of those in dire need are, frankly, more important than the immediate rollover into a new thread.

Dee's contributions and those of the other mods are truly a labor of love. Now that we're going to be without Dee's remarkable presence here on SR, there is going to be more pressure on the mods to respond in the characteristically sensitive and thoughtful way they do. Do they really need us and the "hey 508!" "now it's 517" and the like?

You guys know me. I love SR; I love the Weekenders thread.

For the reasons cited above, I'd like to respectfully request that we show some support for our wonderful mods and bring an end to the rigged shotgun.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I don't know venny- I'm against censorship and have trouble with rules in general.
BUT, for you I will respect that you don't like it and I will personally not countdown- even though I don't anyway- but I will make sure I don't start!!!
I'd still like to play shotgun though
Old 05-31-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
This is going to sound childish but I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. Of course I'll go but I hate the thought of being watched all the time.
I was talking to my dad and he said "you'll be fine. Remember the last two jobs you had? You hated both of them for weeks in the beginning until you settled in".
Not childish tetra- I never want to go to work- or do anything I don't feel like doing for that matter.
I do it because it's the only way I can live in society.
I blame England and the industrial revolution.
I actually blame the Industrial revolution for many things haha- but I'll spare all of you my rant.
( sorry sao- I adore you though)
Old 05-31-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Naw. Dee's a grown-up and very mindful of the need to practice self-care while his music takes on a growing role in his life. And I know you're kidding, dear Bodhi.

But I would like to say something on a more serious note here:

I've been frustrated by the rigged shotgun on this thread. Frankly, it has felt to me like snapping fingers at a waiter/waitress not moving fast enough for us.

A couple weeks ago, there was a heated rigged shotgun going on on the thread just as Dee was working hard to deal with a particularly troubled poster. The troubles of those in dire need are, frankly, more important than the immediate rollover into a new thread.

Dee's contributions and those of the other mods are truly a labor of love. Now that we're going to be without Dee's remarkable presence here on SR, there is going to be more pressure on the mods to respond in the characteristically sensitive and thoughtful way they do. Do they really need us and the "hey 508!" "now it's 517" and the like?

You guys know me. I love SR; I love the Weekenders thread.

For the reasons cited above, I'd like to respectfully request that we show some support for our wonderful mods and bring an end to the rigged shotgun.
Ven,

I respect your point of view. However there is more than one view. I gladly post those numbers. Not to beg a mod to rig something. But cuz week after week I am so shocked that we turn over thread after thread.

That the inclusive nature of this thread makes people feel like they can share and share a lot. That's pretty darn cool. No?

I will continue to post these numbers as a sign that we have communicated and supported far beyond any one of us.

We do know you. And love you! But I just want you to also know me and why I post those numbers.

Ken