SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just be you weekender May 27th Pt 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/392105-just-you-weekender-may-27th-pt-2-a.html)

Upward2Enlightenment 05-31-2016 09:35 AM

Morning Ruby.

I can't seem to fully wake up today. I almost feel like I'm sleepwalking. http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/s/sl...ing-815662.gif

Upward2Enlightenment 05-31-2016 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 5977262)
So. Dee's taking a break!? I blame SuiD.

Sorry .... Bad UP :a043:

biminiblue 05-31-2016 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe (Post 5977272)
Sorry .... Bad UP :a043:

I hope you know I wasn't serious.

I don't really know you that well...

Olive1 05-31-2016 09:40 AM

You guys are chatterheads!!!
:lmao

I only have 2k posts! :(

Upward2Enlightenment 05-31-2016 09:41 AM

I know you weren't Bim. :c014:

biminiblue 05-31-2016 09:42 AM

Catch up, Olive.

Upward2Enlightenment 05-31-2016 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Olive1 (Post 5977279)
You guys are chatterheads!!!
:lmao

I only have 2k posts! :(

I agree .... I have less than 4k and sometimes feel like I post to much. :dee

biminiblue 05-31-2016 09:45 AM

Meh, this site needs more chatterboxes. Keep it up, SuiD. I mean, it's a forum - which I believe means talk about stuff. :dunno:

Upward2Enlightenment 05-31-2016 09:47 AM

If I was the reason Dee needed a break I'm sure it would have happened a while ago. :c008:

<---Troublemaker.

Olive1 05-31-2016 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 5977286)
Catch up, Olive.

I do an awful lot of replying in my head, too bad that doesn't count.
;)

saoutchik 05-31-2016 10:06 AM

Mr Mullett here, home time

Miserable weather here, we seem to have gone back to March.

Dizzee is on hols which means I can make my own tea in the afternoon - Dizzee is always doing two or three things at once and so usually "stews" it but I haven't the heart to complain. I don't like to admit it but I miss her chatter.

Marty - I am quite tall and no matter how many pounds or kilos I lose I will never fit into those jeans again

bim/SUID you made me notice I am closing in on 5K posts

Ruby2 05-31-2016 10:22 AM

Back in action. Dee's contributions are amazing. He always seems to know the right thing to say in a way that makes sense. And keep a sense of humor.

Tetra 05-31-2016 10:30 AM

My line manager is a total *****. Oops I meant to say witch. I don't know why hospitals are full of old hags who have been in the same safe, boring job for 100 years. Never had a chance to do anything else and are determined to take it out on the rest of us.
So she waltzed up to me in front of the whole office plus a couple of interns and told me that "my" consultant - who I didn't get to meet yet - and said he's not very happy about the change. People are not very good with change so I'm not surprised. None of that is my problem either. Apparently she asked him to give me a week. I have a week to "prove" myself and she said she has everyone watching me like a hawk. She gave me the impression that I could be kicked out after a week if I am deemed "unfit". Yes I was taken aback. I guess my jaw dropped because when she left the intern turned to me and said "I wouldn't worry about it. To be honest your job is not exactly rocket science. She's just trying to big up her little job and make it seem more important than it really is. Everyone does it".
So I talked to my old manager. She said that new workers are actually well looked after and it's unlikely I'll be kicked out since I signed the contract for 3 months at least.
I did mention to one of the ladies that the manager comes across as intimidating. She said "I know. She doesn't like me since my consultant had a go at her for being rude to me. Don’t worry about it and we will all help you as much as we can".
She also said she heard that my dicta phone typing is coming along nicely since yesterday when I typed "coffee" instead of "coughing".

Well I made it through the day and I think I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. I have food to eat and a friend calling over later so I won't be hungry or lonely. Whatever about angry and tired...we will see.

Tetra 05-31-2016 10:40 AM

Oh then she said this...whatever the term is...is the most important because an awful lot of the patients referred to us go on to get cancer. I'm sure every consultant would say the same about their own job, whether it's respiratory or whatever else.

On a happier note I met my own neurologist by chance in the hall today. When I see him as a patient I usually go private. He smiled and said "hello, good to see you and I'm glad you are looking so well". He actually is a gentleman.

I'm off to take a shower and wash the day off me. Cook the steak and read my book.

LBrain 05-31-2016 12:00 PM

welp... not finished... I took all the time to cypher and cut scrap wood, removed metal so I could cut it, blah-blah... the top step looks like hell... too high for where it is... so I have to break down and actually buy a couple pieces if I want to finish this today... I can't wait around hoping for a couple 4 foot lengths of wood to magically appear... it's HOT! 90 again and I'm out there like a working man... ha

I missed the Dee thing...
suid you sleep walking eh? two days ago a neighbor was having a pool party with a bunch of kids, I thought great, they are playing oldies - I bought that 'album; back in 1970 something --- but after hearing Ally Oop for the third time I had enough, got to hear some ventures too...

I tell ya what, if I had started this 'project; with all brand new wood, I would have been done two days ago... keeps me off the streets I suppose...

home depot here I come... quick lunch break...

BixBees505 05-31-2016 12:13 PM

I am clear back on page 2....but Sao!! SOOOOO CUTE in your mullet! Omg! Omg!!

Melina, I am about nothing if I am not about "wussy thug life".

lunar 05-31-2016 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used to sleepwalk, only to be
rudely awakened by the refrigerator's
light bulb.

BixBees505 05-31-2016 12:15 PM

MLD, I am sure you are no longer even wondering...but NO embarrassment no matter HOW it goes with the ex. You are living TRUE. Just keep it up.

BixBees505 05-31-2016 12:21 PM

LB, I am pretty much permanently "fershmeckled" over indoor climate control. (Thanks for the psychologically correct term, Ken.). In my world it is ALWAYS a damp 45 degrees, either thanks to insufficient heat or overzealous AC. Twelve months of the year...... I. Freeze.

trachemys 05-31-2016 12:31 PM

Revenge of the Truck Gods!

Couple of weeks ago I had a flat tire. Popped on the spare and of to tire store.

"Oh, that's too close to the sidewall to fix."

Horsefeathers.

Got a fix-it kit and an inflator and did it myself. Threw it in the back of the truck. It held air for a week so I put it back on and put about 100 miles on it. No problem. Fixed.

Yesterday, after the trip back from the folks, I pull up in front of the apartment, shifted into park and the idle went wild. UP, down, near stall, rev, just all over. When I switched it off and tried to crank it, it doesn't even turn over. Did everything I know to do and have called a mobile mechanic.

:aargh4::react:headbange:gaah:damnit: