Notices

Need to vent

Old 05-29-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need to vent

My sister drives me nuts! We've offered to help her move some stuff to a shop she started renting and I told her last night I'd call her after church this morning and also that we had to unload the trailer first since it was loaded with other junk. This was her response.

Sister "She wants to meet around 1. She has the key, so I'm kinda on her schedule, don't want to hold her up, she has a cookout to go to also at 1 nearby... Let me know if that works. I was thinking we could meet around 11 at storage?"

Wait, what?! So now I'm on my sister and some other lady's schedule on a holiday weekend?!!

I tell her we are going to try our best but still going to church and unload trailer and then has the nerve to text me the below text...

Sister "It takes an hour+ to get there, maybe you guys can leave church early? Or just miss it and be a living manifestation of the Word, lol."

Luckily I got this message after church otherwise I'd been doubly pissed. I just let it go, and messaged her back "I'll let you know when we're heading that way"

Normally I'd cave and do what other people want me to do. Today I didn't let us bother me as bad, and ignored her second text telling her I'd let her know when we left. I guess she realized that not everything revolves around her so she bought us lunch first before getting her stuff. Then it was an hour of listening to her ramble on about all her problems and asking why is everything happening to her....happy Sunday y'all. Can't wait to get this done so we can head to the lake.

Day 6 and counting.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

awesome job on day 6
Old 05-29-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gotta love family! I have a brother (who abused me as a child) that flips me out, not matter what he does. I hit the ceiling. So its all in how I choose to handle it.

Good job for holding up your boundaries. Very healthy.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds you did the right thing. What's best for you and don't do anything that jeopardizes your sobriety. Stay calm and relaxed.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I assume she knows you have plans to go to the lake? Yeah, I'd be irked. rant away
Old 05-29-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree, rant all you want. My family makes my head spin too. Your sister sounds a lot like mine. Way to set your boundaries.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

You did a great job staying sober after that irritation.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I ended up seeing her at the end of the day, I asked her what the kids were doing tomorrow because we still hadn't finalized plans....she said well if you really want to, you can help me being another load....I told her we took tomorrow off and looking for something fun to do and walked away. Sheesh. I just wanted to know what her kids were doing and if they wanted to come with us on whatever we decided!!
Old 05-29-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm on day 6 too Jillian! Let's keep counting together