Notices

A glass of nice, cold water

Old 05-28-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A glass of nice, cold water

Ahhhh....

I woke at 1am with a bad headache. Allergy season. Maybe partly the giant meal of surf-n-turf I stuffed myself with.

Drank water, took excedrin, went back to bed with a cold compress on my throbbing head.

Up again at 5am, daylight breaking. A cup of coffee. Feeling sluggish and a little low. Missing my daughters in this quiet house the morning after they've gone to their mom's for her week.

So just reading, messing around on the Internet, sipping a glass of nice, cold water.

Water; life-giving, refreshing, nourishing. It is US. We are it. How many times did I sit with a glass of alcohol, believing that somehow a poison would be the answer to my woes. Believing that toxic fluid would somehow transport me to another, better place.

Ahhhhh... a glass of nice, cold water.

So much better. Grateful I can see that now.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I relate to the empty house feeling. I'm also sitting here alone, kiddo at her Dad's. I'm fortunate because I see her everyday...and am primary caregiver. But it is a strange kind of lonely without her. She's 15...and very driven. So I now can see the day she leaves for Uni. What's THAT going to be like? But I'll see her this afternoon.

Life is good. I'm glad you're grateful...me too!
Old 05-28-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

we are week on, week off.... when they are with their mom, it is totally cut off. She doesn't allow them to contact me, or me them.... she's a vindictive person who is still stuck in her anger and resentment.

So, apart from seeing them at medical appointments or sport events, I am totally isolated from them until they return. I know that is just part of our experience, part of our journey, and that we will be OK regardless.... but it leaves a pretty big hole in me sometimes.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can relate to the empty house feeling, but I live alone so I am used to it. But I really get the ice cold water feeling! First thing I do when I get up is have a big glass of cold water..... then coffee!!!
Old 05-28-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Interesting that you posted this as I had chinese last night (beef w/ oyster sauce and shrimp fried rice) and it was excellent. I awoke at 2AM and my tongue was like leather. My mouth was so dry it was killing me! I always have a bottle of water next to me and that was the best water I've ever had. Delicious, plain old water.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, water.... what a concept. I cant seem to get enough of it these days. I froze strawberries and watermelon in my ice cube trays for a refreshing treat when I get sick of plain water.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Water is the BEST!

I was doing a fitness assessment recently and she asked about my water intake and I was beaming telling her I am definitely her A+ student of the day on water.

Hahaha, it's the little things! I know people that have a hard time drinking water, it doesn't appeal to them.

I've always liked water a lot, and I'm really banking on it so I look healthy and fresh faced longer.

It is an excellent beverage. I agree with you, how could I think that pouring poisonous whisky down my throat every night was ever going to fix anything?

Whereas this miraculous clear elixir of life, water, soothes me, hydrates me, makes me look good, flushes out toxins, washes my brain (literally, I hope). And I love swimming in it

Great topic!
Old 05-28-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

While drinking, I couldn't function if I didn't have two glasses of water in the morning to re-hydrate and my desire for it was so strong, it must have been my body telling me how much I needed it. I have to remind myself now to try and drink at least 3 or 4 glasses a day, it's essential.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm just getting over a 5h migraine so you have my sympathies bud
Old 05-28-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I now have an "addiction" to La Croix, which is just carbonated water. My family think it's disgusting so I get the whole case to myself ha. I can drink five or six a day!
Old 05-28-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I drink so much water now...I don't know how I was managing before and especially with the dehydration that alcohol induces x
Old 05-28-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I can appreciate how you feel about your daughters FreeOwl. Mine were probably older than yours when I got divorced, mid teens, and so they decided for themselves basically, how often they would see me. If you do your best and are there for them I am sure they will appreciate you even if they are hearing negatives from your ex

Edit: I make sure now to drink enough water to reduce caffeine intake amongst other things. Favourites are Highland Spring and London tapwater