Notices

You can do this if you want it

Old 05-26-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this if you want it

Admitting I had a drink problem was hard but it was the truth next I needed to know how am I to change and I knew I had some tough road ahead because facing myself sober was a scary idea I doubt I even knew who I really was or what I stood for anymore but I was determined my life wasn't going to end at 31 in the bottom of a bottle I was scared alone and had to get through some days weeks and months that were really tough

All I can say is if you want to be sober if your tired of drinking all the time there is a way out there are people who deeply care about helping but at the end of the day it starts with you & how much you want to be sober

To guests to newcomers alike know that your not alone & you can do this
Old 05-26-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Thanks for those words of encouragement, Soberwolf. You nailed it - "You can do this if you want to."
Old 05-26-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Learning that I need to ask for help as soon as I need it and that I also need to help others when I can have been a huge part of my recovery, soberwolf. Thanks for sharing these wise words with us! To anyone struggling today--don't quit trying 10 minutes before the miracle happens. You can do this. We ALL can do this!
Old 05-26-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I finally realised I need help and cannot do it on my own. Also realising this problem is bigger then I thought might get me through.

Great post Soberwolf.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Knowing you have a problem with alcohol is one thing - accepting the fact that you have a problem with alcohol is what needs to occur.

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength. I have personally found that to achieve anything you need a team around you. Whether that team consists of counselors, medical professionals, friends, family, or a support forum...get your team together and a plan in place and you can do this.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

what is that AA saying...mmm " he Serenity Prayer is the common name for a prayer authored by the American theologian Reinhold Niebuhr[1][2] (1892–1971). The best-known form is:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference."

and sometimes you just what to kick the pants of someone you need to have known this..
Old 05-26-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting wolf. What amazed me is that total strangers can be so supportive when it comes to addiction. Probably because they've gone through it or are going through it themselves. It provides hope that the human condition is alive and going strong.