Just be you weekender May 27th

Old 05-26-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice one Nowsthetime
Old 05-26-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Do your best

So I found this today after last week finding a hot peanut butter drink now I found one with chocolate in it aswell

Old 05-26-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

What a fantastic intro Ken! Wise words.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Once I got used to not drinking as a way of life I discovered that I can have more fun and enjoy life much more without it. And I can recall everything the next day as a bonus. I'll never have to hear this again, "You should have seen yourself last night." I'm sure many if not all of us had heard that at least once. Isn't it sad that someone would actually say that to you? It means that they knew you were on a different plant, metaphorically speaking of course. "You should have seen yourself last night." Wasn't it embarrassing to hear those words? It means you were not the real you. Now you can have a clear mind, have the ability to act in a responsible and socially acceptable manner, still have fun and be silly if you want, but most importantly, you'll be able to remember and recall your entire evening and be present at all times. Nothing is more real than that. None of has to become Mr. Hyde ever again. Clever name don't you think?
Awesome
Old 05-26-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm back. Thought you'd lost me in the dust, eh?

Marty, have fun on your date. I wanted to give you a hug when I read what you said about female friends. I know that feeling.

Although, I'm fortunate because I have a few friends from high school that I remain in contact with. We don't do a whole lot together lately because their kids are older than my kids and activities, etc. etc. etc. But I know if I need them or just want to talk, they will listen. One of them is the woman I climbed the steps with last Sunday. When my drinking took off, that's when I stopped making new, lasting friendships.

Even though I'm in Chicago, I call the license plate registration stickers "tabs" which I think I picked up while living in Minnesota. And don't to buy AND display your City sticker Melina. It's a $200 ticket if you don't have it there. I just paid a ticket for Mr. Ruby's car not having his sticker.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Well I do have some pretty awesome female SR Friends now!!
Old 05-26-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Greetings all.

Car tax is a killer . Mine is about 220 per year. Double that in south of the island.

Greetings Mark! I hope you are keeping well.

Welcome to any new folk who are joining us this weekend!

B
Old 05-26-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Vacation thread started Yeah! LOL

Gonna relax and get things in order this evening. This thread is move particularly fast so I need to do some catching up. A bus without a driver ... Well... That's a Google bus and not a sober bus.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I am very isolated at present. I talk to people in work everyday. I have Mrs B and our mutual friends and family, who live far away.

I have no buddies anymore that I see regularly. My old drinking "buddies" have fallen off the face of the earth. No one has offered to visit to see junior.

My SR tribe of international miscreants have shown more interest and offered kind, supportive words than any of these people.

So I have decided to wash my hands of them all. Were they really friends?

Drink and drugs makes for empty, vapid relationships. Sobriety brings the possibility of genuine connection, with yourself, and others when you are ready.

End of self pity rant.

B
Old 05-26-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

it's hot outside, and with the sweat, I have 'mud' on me haha...
the dirt definitely dried out, first course I am putting in and it's 1/2 inch off level, needed to break out the cold chisel to chip away a rock to get level...
I guess it's work... I spent time removing nails and screws from my free wood...

I needed to come inside and use the calculator, thought I would share a pic of what I am working on - in the sun in 90 degrees... and of course shale to dig through...

I was thinking, last time I worked on this I was drinking 2 or 3 beers an hour... easy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
stepsconstruct.JPG (94.8 KB, 48 views)
Old 05-26-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
...holds the key

International miscreants
Old 05-26-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Brain you're a machine!
Old 05-26-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Take care of yourself brain, that sun with these warmer temps can be brutal.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

ha, I AM a machine...

it looks steeper but the figures don't lie... basic trig, and double naught cypherin tells me I can keep going using the same pattern... please send motivation through the atmosphere...

back to it...
Old 05-26-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
...holds the key

1 1/2 hours till the weekend! Can y'all tell I'm bored at work??

I'm doing a little online shopping to pass the time
Old 05-26-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight all
Old 05-26-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Night SW
Old 05-26-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Just found out my son got into State Honors Choir!!
Old 05-26-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I've had a very busy day.
My mother drives me INSANE. But enough of that.
I had an aftercare meeting this evening. A new lady was there - but I recognised her from years ago. She told us she relapsed after 7 years. Has it really been that long since I've been fighting this?
I spoke to one of my old friends who works at the place where I'll be starting back on Monday. She said it's more than likely that I'll be kept on after the 3 months, unless I do something awful I suppose. She said it depends on how much money is in the pot.

I never heard back from the guy I asked to the cinema. Oh well, his loss. (Do I really believe that?)
I remember one time years ago I was crying to my Grandmother about some guy I really liked back then. I asked her what should I do? She looked at me with fire in her eyes - like only she could - and hissed "you will do nothing. It's more than likely that he will come crawling back. They almost always do. I'd put my house on it. It might take some time but they usually do in the end". So I didn’t hear from the guy I like, but I did get a phone call from the Iranian guy I liked at one stage...so I guess perhaps Granny was right. I wish she was still here.

I heard from my dad that the 3 witches (my aunts) Granny lived with have gone on holiday so I still have a key to the house so I popped my head around the door to see what they have done with the place. I used to live there but this was my first visit in about 8 months. The place was a shambles. Granny would be so upset as she was always a worker. I think that depressed her in the end - that she couldn't do the things she enjoyed doing.

Oh well. I asked my boss for a reference and I did mention if he is busy I could scribble out a few lines. His face lit up and he said "that would be great! Write whatever you want and I will print it on headed paper and sign it". Writing my own reference...uffff....

Roll on Monday. Onwards and upwards!!
Old 05-26-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend! Too soon for me to know who I am.....been pretty much polluted for the past 8 years.....but I do know that today I am sober and I have been for 28 days. When I make it through Sunday.....it will be the longest I have stayed sober in over 8 years