Notices

Just be you weekender May 27th

Old 05-26-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I'm awake now, and lost a good post. My iPad is acting up lately - it will look like wifi is working, but then it really isn't. So I have to restart it. Then it works, for a while. Grrrr. Need a new one, but can't afford it right now. After my coffee I'll re-do my post.
My Samsung tablet does the same thing....anyone know why?
Old 05-26-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
I'm definitely in for a sober LONG weekend! Yay! I'm excited.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

along for the ride, watching the tough little hummingbirds at the feeder.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

It's going to be nice to have a long weekend. Saturday date has now morphed into Saturday AND Sunday dates. We haven't decided what to do yet - the world is our oyster. It'll be interesting to be with this guy with no booze. When we dated before, I think there was not one single day/date where we didn't drink. We were the ultimate codependent enablers. We'd go out for nice dinners and drink. Then drive. Every time. I'm not a bit worried that we won't find fun things to do without drinking. It's a big world out there to explore!
Old 05-26-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm in. Thank you Ken for starting us off. This month's Bon Appetit magazine has a section about Portland, ME. Maybe you could hit one of the restaurants if you haven't done so.

Brain and MLD, great posts. I'm still trying to find me but all of what you said hits the spot.

Zeekie, I'm going to a college reunion in a few weeks and I was just thinking about why I'm going. I don't really keep in touch with anyone. No deep friendships were forged. Why? Because I was always the girl who stayed up late. Drinking with the guys. What a waste of time that was.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I was always the one drinking with the guys, too. So now, I have pretty much NO female friends, and the guys were mostly taking advantage of the drunk girl. Ugh. I'm trying now to forge new friendships. It's hard.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Almost time for me to get off work. Sure hubby will be out for thirsty Thursday tonight so I will be playing some sport with the kids and watch some really dumb program to which I can laugh myself sick.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I also wasted my time. I use to think anyone who doesn't drink is real stuck up. Whenever we go to friends and there's a real big crowd... I could not connect with the women. They just sat inside sipping tea and eating chocolate cookies while I sat outside with the guys but not really with the guys you know... just somewhere in the corner outside. It is so sad

You know Ruby, I till this day do not have girlfriends. I wish I had. Some of my friends from school try to contact me every now and then but I just didn't care as I was always drunk.. or I would just get over emotional and regret it the next day. Drunk text or phonecalls are the worst!
Old 05-26-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

zeekie, I have few friends, many were nothing more than drinking friends, others I either pushed away or they just got tired of me being a drunken bore...

I agree with what MLD says, yep it is amazing that once we got caught up in the drinking game, we came to believe that we actually needed it to get along in life... then come to find out later that we can get along just fine without it...
we will never run out of reasons to justify why we drink/drank... until we finally realize how mislead we were...

anyway, on a hunch I decided to check my 'inventory' and discovered I have exactly the number of rebar lengths I need and also the spikes I will need. It's pretty amazing when you think about it. And I mean exactly what I need. They have been in storage for close to ten years... doh!
So trip to spend money has been canceled, Drinks in fridge for later and I'm already sweating...
Old 05-26-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

See next post
Old 05-26-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

who am i ?
why i'm me of course, who else would i be ?

My problem was accepting a new life lived in a different way , i didn't suffer from existential angst .

I'm very careful about asking myself questions that have no answer ,

I have read a lot of aphorisms from nietzches' beyond good and evil, books , books and books of stuff .. thinking my way round a corkscrew, it is something i gave up as a waste of time.

all it did was sharpen and hone the intellect .

Accept who i am now or don't accept it , if i don't accept it i can carry the question around asking everyone and trying to find an answer, i make a song and dance about the pain of the burden of the question , tie myself in knots looking for the answer to the question .

Just accept it , this is it .. and the question goes away.

usually we don't like the answer to the question, we find it unpalatable in some way so we search for different answers, hoping to find something more real more satisfying and there are plenty of pedlars in the market place making a living out of offering sympathy or their own shoddy goods to aid our quests .

Just drop it, go and do something more interesting than pondering imponderables .

I'm in for the weekend , m
Old 05-26-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Poem About Becoming Your Own Person, Starting Over

Repost with link

Last edited by lunar; 05-26-2016 at 07:18 AM. Reason: repost with link
Old 05-26-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning, well I've already been to work- came home for breakfast and then going back to work all day and night.
It's all good though.

I am a very very different person when drinking.
I am not fun, overly emotional, argumentative and not social ( I don't want to talk- I want to sit there drinking alone- big on drunk texts though! Ha)
I'm the opposite sober.
The real me might be bad news haha, but at least I have a good time!
My mother always says that I'll never have a mid life crisis because I've done everything.
Xoxo
Chat later gators

Oh yeah! Someone wrote me a little love letter! It was a delightful surprise!

I think I tend to get along better with women.
I think it's because I never had a father and my brother wasn't around, so I grew up with my mom, aunties, sister and her friends, my mom's girlfriends.
I like men ( clearly) but it's when I'm with women that I have the best times.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

almost forgot...
upper part is cauliflower and the green stuff in front is kale, lower is a variety of tomatoes, left side has radishes, right side has lettuce using space around tomatoes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
5.26.16.garden1.JPG (91.7 KB, 63 views)
Old 05-26-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey now mec I like reading reading Nietzsche haha
Old 05-26-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Morning all. Great post Ken, thanks again for the insight. The most scary part of getting sober was knowing that I'd buried the 'real me' a long time ago.....getting sober meant that I was going to have to confront the 'real me', and was pretty freaked out to see what I'd find down there! I think a lot of people continue to drink so they can avoid that confrontation with their real self. It's a shame, because most of the time we find that we are kind, hopeful, interesting people!

Speaking of vacations, my summer holiday kicks off Saturday. Will fly to San Jose Costa Rica on Saturday. Early Sunday morning I'll zip over to the Caribbean side on a small Cessna and should arrive at my guest cabin in time for breakfast. No plans. Eat, swim, read, nap....repeat.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning fellow travelers.

Want to say hello and welcome to all the new faces. Don't feel bad if you can't keep up with the thread and if you need any support just jump right in.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
almost forgot...
upper part is cauliflower and the green stuff in front is kale, lower is a variety of tomatoes, left side has radishes, right side has lettuce using space around tomatoes...
That is awesome L looks excellent
Old 05-26-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Holy Shnikees! Is it the weekend again already?

I am in!
Old 05-26-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

IN. Backing out.

I got nothin'. Oh,
Mango Vitamin water
that sounds interesting. Except for the vitamin part. *hairball*

I'm in a nice every-other-day hard exercise pattern. Today is the "yes" day. I would like sun, please. At least it isn't raining.

Maybe I'll stop and get my car tabs. Boy, I don't want to wear myself out.