Notices

Hello Everyone. Day 1 Again.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone. Day 1 Again.

I've been feeling not well today. Hungover and some stomach issues are reminding me it's time to bolster my resolve and make it Day 1 again. Give it another go and for the life that is left in me, make this my LAST Day 1 !

I have a very detailed and thought-out plan on paper. I have looked into resources available about putting a workable Sobriety/Recovery plan into place and sticking to it. The secret I'am learning is ACTION...every moment of everyday! (thanks Dee)

My intent is to put my plan up on this page for all to see (abbreviated version). Each part will be followed by a detailed explanation of why I chose certain things that are applicable to mainly me.

Others coming into Sobriety the first few times may benefit from it if they choose to adopt it to there own efforts to "Quit the Insanity" and get sober. Many people here on SR have been VERY helpful to me with there heartfelt support and suggestions and I feel it is time for me to be of help and support to others still struggling.

Frankly, those of you that know me will agree I'am an "Expert" at stopping drinking. It's the "Staying Stopped Forever" part I need to get right. It is my intent to get it right this time ! I will be addressing that as well in what I refer to as my "Long term Recovery Maintenance" program.

There are 12 parts to the plan at this time. More may be added. I will not post anything about it in this post. I'am not feeling well, it's late and have a long night of insomnia to battle through. In 7 minutes I will be Ring-In" Day 2.

Details to follow.

Thank You for reading and "Stay Tuned".

DD
Old 05-25-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is good to see you back Dave! Looking forward to hearing more about your plan tomorrow. :-)
Old 05-26-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Also back on day 1. We can do this Dave.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wishing you the best today, DuhDave, and I look forward to seeing your plan.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So happy, to see you putting your plan in action, Dave.

Onward!

Old 05-26-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good Morning Dave. Hope you're feeling a little better....one day at a time! Look forward to seeing your plan. I can use all the input and support available!
Old 05-26-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I drank for 40 years, then struggled for years trying to moderate, then struggled actually needing to quit. I did rehab, and 'make a decision' plans, and went thru a couple more years of face-in-the-asphalt, gut-wrenching struggling.

Ultimately, for Me, the 'Plan' that worked was (and is) actually Working the 12 Steps of AA. The 12 Steps are a DEFINITE path out of Living Hell to FREEDOM, and by WORKING the Steps as a Life Plan, I truly know what the phrase means ...

It is for FREEDOM He set us FREE.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW anyone can be.
... also ... I know from being involved on this website for a few years, there are as many ways to live this Sober Life as there are people living it. I also KNOW, that for anyone as far gone in drinking addiction as me, and can relate to knowing they have the condition of being 'Alcoholic' as described in the AA Book, The Program absolutely WORKS. The AA Book works just like a Repair Manual, or a Textbook. It is NOT just an 'Inspirational' book, or just an account of a bunch of 'outdated' alcoholics from the 1930's. It is a Path to Freedom that ALWAYS works when it is WORKED.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DuhDave View Post
I've been feeling not well today. Hungover and some stomach issues are reminding me it's time to bolster my resolve and make it Day 1 again. Give it another go and for the life that is left in me, make this my LAST Day 1 !

I have a very detailed and thought-out plan on paper. I have looked into resources available about putting a workable Sobriety/Recovery plan into place and sticking to it. The secret I'am learning is ACTION...every moment of everyday! (thanks Dee)

My intent is to put my plan up on this page for all to see (abbreviated version). Each part will be followed by a detailed explanation of why I chose certain things that are applicable to mainly me.

Others coming into Sobriety the first few times may benefit from it if they choose to adopt it to there own efforts to "Quit the Insanity" and get sober. Many people here on SR have been VERY helpful to me with there heartfelt support and suggestions and I feel it is time for me to be of help and support to others still struggling.

Frankly, those of you that know me will agree I'am an "Expert" at stopping drinking. It's the "Staying Stopped Forever" part I need to get right. It is my intent to get it right this time ! I will be addressing that as well in what I refer to as my "Long term Recovery Maintenance" program.

There are 12 parts to the plan at this time. More may be added. I will not post anything about it in this post. I'am not feeling well, it's late and have a long night of insomnia to battle through. In 7 minutes I will be Ring-In" Day 2.

Details to follow.

Thank You for reading and "Stay Tuned".

DD
For me it was not about obsessing about a "workable Sobriety/Recovery plan" - it was to get to grips first of all with why i felt so uncomfortable and unhappy in my own skin that i needed to pour copious amous of alcohol down my neck to escape! Once you crack that mental issue which is the fundamental problem then the rest falls into place seemlessly....
Old 05-26-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great to see you working back on your recovery you can do this Dave drinking will never solve your problems

Stick with your mates here your in good company my friend
Old 05-26-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How are you doing today, Dave?

Keep posting. We are pulling for you.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Dave - good to see you

so whats the plan, man?

D
Old 05-26-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

All the best to you, Dave. You can do this!
Old 05-26-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day one sober is cool!

Best to you and your plan to quit.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So glad to see this post! Hope you're feeling better soon Dave.