Notices

Today is the day

Old 05-25-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is the day

So I've been coming here reading different stories. Always telling myself it could be worse but I keep reading similar stories to mine. Last night I went out with my husband and had two beers at the bar. I never overdrink outside of the house. I was feeling good when we came home. I thought for a second about just leaving it at that but nope. Popped open the wine bottle and almost finished that too. Woke up today with a crazy heavy heart. Just sad. Felt slow and sluggish all day going through the motions. I need a break from this feeling and I'm calling today day one. Not sure how long it's going to last but it's been a long time since I've taken a break.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job on making this day 1 Suzie. Hopefully you will like waking hung-over free on day 2 so much that you will keep going with your break.

I can't imagine going back to drinking the way I was. I think you will like the sober you more than the drinking you.

Well done on day 1.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stop drinking now while your on just one bottle of wine a night as the drink will slowly drag you in further. Keep up the good work
Old 05-25-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

alcoholics are pretty good at rationalizing drinking.
i hope,you decide,on more than just a break from drinking.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So far, I've been on an extended break from drinking for well over six years now. I will never go back to drinking. Only misery can come from it and I like my sober life too much to ruin it with something that will only make me feel horrible.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you like being sober and that this break becomes permanent.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep at it

It is difficult at first, but the longer you stay sober the better you will feel.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done on deciding on day one! Now keep deciding on another day one...tomorrow and the next day. You can do it! by coming here uv recognised there's a problem. I always did the same and thought I cant have a problem unless I'm waking up with a bottle of vodka and drinking at 8am! I also came here and recognised myself in so many posts. I'm now 16 months sober and believe me although it's tough it's the best decision I made. this is an amazing place for support so take as much as you need to get you through. Good luck xx
Old 05-25-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 1. Just take it 24 hours at a time. Stay in the moment. Life is much easier when I'm not regretting yesterday, or worrying about tomorrow. Good luck.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just keep trying and keep coming here, at some point it will all come together. Quite frankly, I think a certain percentage of people just get "sick of it"--and quit.