Notices

Need Some Help

Old 09-16-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
sober style

Bumping my first and only SR thread to happily report on my 100 days of sobriety. When I read those old posts from May, I remember the profound despair I was feeling back then. I literally couldn't make it to noon without drinking, day after day. Particularly discouraging after the previous sober streak I'd had.

SR and the great people here helped me get the train back on track, for which I'm eternally grateful. Big shoutout to my June 2016 homies too. I still log onto SR several times a day and read threads, and I'll continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I know I need to stay vigilant about this stuff; the alcohol doesn't mess around. I intend to stay free of its perverse clutches no matter what. I feel like I was dead for years, that I've now come back to the world of the living. And it feels great.

To new people trying to get past the rocky first few days, know that you can do this and that things can get better as long as you don't drink.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

What fantastic news SD. So good to see you back reporting that you are in the triple digit days. So happy for you, seeing where you have been and now where you today :-)
Old 09-16-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 100 days SD
D
Old 09-16-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
When I read those old posts from May, I remember the profound despair I was feeling back then. I literally couldn't make it to noon without drinking, day after day. Particularly discouraging after the previous sober streak I'd had.

I know I need to stay vigilant about this stuff; the alcohol doesn't mess around. I intend to stay free of its perverse clutches no matter what. I feel like I was dead for years, that I've now come back to the world of the living. And it feels great.

To new people trying to get past the rocky first few days, know that you can do this and that things can get better as long as you don't drink.
Great, Snazzy! 100 days ... very cool! I completely agree with your sentiments. So important to remember the early feelings as they can push us to continue strong in sobriety. And the vigilance. We all need the reminder.

And that feeling you describe of coming back to the world of the living. Yes, yes, yes. Alive and thriving. Good on you, Snazzy!
Old 09-16-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
quat

Woot woot ,very dapper Congrats and keep truckin!
Old 09-16-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 100 days!! I agree that SR is a wonderfully supportive community. I have 8 and a half months and also check in here daily.

Hope you take some time to celebrate your 100 days!
Old 09-16-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Really happy to hear this, Snazzy. Things will continue to get even better.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
nmd

Congrats on 100 days snazzy :-)
Old 09-17-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Congrats Snazzy - that's great.