Notices

No Complacency Weekender May 20th Part 2

Old 05-22-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'm not quite sure why I'm being such a baby. I could never live alone. I did it before and developed some strange habits. I take my hat off to all of you here who live by yourselves.
My therapist gave us each a piece of paper at our last session with HALT written on them. Well I don't feel hungry or angry.
Just a pity that my best friend is away this week. I texted another friend to come over. I said if he wanted to sleep here I would let him have the "good" pillow.
He was amused and said he would call over tonight for an hour or two so I have some company and perhaps he'll stay the night tomorrow night.
Sometimes I just feel better to know I'm not alone.

And Weasel, hugs as always
Old 05-22-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Marty, you ever use Spotify or Pandora? So fun to customize channels over time! And they're freeeeeeeee
I have both but haven't used them much. I guess I'll give them a whirl again.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Rounded out this weekend with a steak lunch with my husband's grandparents, and then we came home and had a family water ballon fight. It was so much fun and made the afternoon feel like summer is truly on its way. Watching more frasier since we don't have cable and no good games are on local programming. I can smell my spicy honey mustard pork chops and garlic roasted cauliflower in the oven for dinner. Still sober and still happy, and not so ready to have monday roll around again. 😔
Old 05-22-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Still here guys and still sober. Man it is odd - adjusting to lucid thinking 24/7. It is a beautiful day where I live - took my beagle girl for a nice walk.
I wish I were more interested in gardening. I did tackle a flower bed in very early sobriety - ivy had completely choked out the bed, and my son and I hacked it all down and planted new flowers. It was a chore though.
Looking forward to Game of Thrones tonight -
Old 05-22-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

hang in there Tetra --

chickenlady - water balloon fight - I'm in...

well I got some good news at least ,, a guy in the neighborhood tore down a screen porch and is putting up a deck, he had several 4x4 lumber I need for my project... it's free - just have to remove metal from it as needed... this will save me about 80 bucks, and get to reuse old wood...

cool pic Sao, it would make a mean 500 piece puzzle, I was waiting for batman to show up there... Megan Boyd, yep I heard of her... she never fished, just tied salmon flies... some years ago when I was single and had money to spend I outbid all comers for this display at trout unlimited banquet...
the salmon fly in the middle is a Boyd-like fly...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fly display.JPG (79.8 KB, 48 views)
Old 05-22-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Sorry your rod snapped, Brain. That's tragic.

Tetra, I'm glad you dumped the wine. Crisis averted.

I went to church with the kids after a meeting and then took a friend up on a climb up stairs at SwallowCliff Forest Preserve. I ran into her at the grocery store while buying cat food. I'd never been, kids had. I'd like to go back without the kids for an actual workout. It was pretty cool and was crowned
Old 05-22-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

This is taken from the top as I was descending.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

And that's crowded, not crowned. Stupid auto carrot.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Pretty view! Yeah those steps would definitely get the heart rate up!

I started playing Words with Friends on my phone in the evenings through the witching hours - I am Madgirl_L if anyone wants to play - anyway my 16 year old started playing me, and he in turn started the trend at his school - all these kids are playing scrabble which strikes me as funny 😀
Old 05-22-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

hey, where'd everybody go?

just to be sure it was my 'fishing' rod that broke which somehow brings all this together... stay with me... and also those steps reminded me of Chichen Itza, by the way I was one of the last people (100,000 or so)to climb it before they roped it off about 10 years ago... which brings me to Mexico. This morning as I was driving home, I turned on the local AM radio station for the weather. Instead I got the Sunday morning polka show. Yep, and this song (a better version) got me to thinking that a lot of polka music sounds exactly like mexican music, which got me to thinking about Melina, cause this song is about the birds and the bees, mostly bees...
and BixBees of course...
Have a good night all - it's polka time!

EVERYBODY! BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ
Old 05-22-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ruby what a neat place to get a good workout!

Madgirl I love wwf too!

I fell asleep this afternoon while reading! Not sure if that's ever happened before and I hope I'm not awake all night but it was nice!
Old 05-22-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

That's nice and relaxing Brynn. Maybe take a hot bath and go with the sleepy feeling.

I'm going to bed early tonight. I'm tired and I think I'm coming down with something. My throat has been raw all day.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hope you're not coming down with an opera, Ruby.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Evening all. Crazy day at "Safari Chapin" - a Guatmalan auto-safari where you drive your car through this huge park full of wild animals. I went with my girlfriend and her entire family, brothers, sister, mom, and niece. Quite the experience. The animals had plenty of room (way more than any zoo I've ever seen) and they were very well treated. For the giraffes, they will give you a handful of tree branches and you can stick them out the car window and feed them. This female was hungry and it was quite a treat to feed her! Just another new experience in sobriety - much more fun than being hung over, if I recall correctly.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I had a "date" with the ex today. We talked for hours. Lots of healing happened. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Same guy I did the 9th step with last week. We agreed after last week we needed to talk more. Lots of stuff came out today. But it's all good. Not sure what happens now. Time will tell.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good evening, friends...about to go to bed. I dread Monday deeply. Tomorrow will be a rough day, and I am anxious about it. I do feel I'm going into with my eyes open, and focused on my sobriety.

For people new on the thread...I think I saw a couple of comments apologizing or explaining why you are not "thanking" or acknowledging or even being able to keep up with the thread. I worried about this when I first came on Weekenders, but now I think I've been here long enough to assure you that everyone understands. Read what you want or need to, and post what you want or need to. It is all good!
Old 05-22-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

LB, back when I had any kind of broadcast TV, I was delighted to sometimes happen upon the Big Joe Polka Show out of Nebraska. I was enchanted with it. If they are being honest, who can say they don't smile hearing a polka? And the show was, to me, like an improbable televised window into another time and subculture -the dancing, the dress, children swinging each other across the screen, then here would come a couple of ladies dancing together, I assume because the menfolk were all occupied. Fun stuff.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey SUinDE... How are you feeling this evening? When do you go to the doc tomorrow?

Sure hope you can get some relief soon.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Successful day bc I got off my butt instead of living on Couch Island. Great stuff. Set myself up very nicely for the week.

Everybody polka, wheeeeee! Oompa oompa I love that stuff
Old 05-22-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Still the same Bix, thanks for asking. I go to the doctor on Tuesday