Notices

No Complacency Weekender May 20th Part 2

Old 05-22-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

I think breakfast will be a tomato sandwich on a soft, multigrain baton with mayo and jalapeno mustard, followed by some strong iced tea.

Current stats:
192 lbs body wt
32% body fat

Progress! I have kept a steady weight since last weekend and converted some of my muscle to fat. But I haven't been exercising much for a couple of weeks other than riding my bike to work and to get groceries. Luckily my lungs have finally cleared from the cold I had a couple weeks ago and I'm feeling slightly more peppy.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
busy weekend going on around here. I went to a potluck last night and totally blew my diet. Not sure why I can't control myself in those situations. I guess I make the choice to overindulge. I need to work on that.
so it's fruit for Breakfast and an extra long walk. Then I have plans for a visit with a friend and lunch (oh no!). Then back home to The Killing and a restful afternoon. Futzing around the house here also.
I love weekends.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

relaxing today bar the tiny bit of painting this morning went & got my haircut feeling fresh
Old 05-22-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

I had so much fun yesterday just hanging out with friends and playing games last night! It's like the old days (minus the drinking) having people pop in and out and impromptu game nights. I feel more normal than I have in a very long time....like my social equilibrium is back!
Old 05-22-2016, 06:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi sol and haf!
Old 05-22-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Spent time with friends ( a couple) last night... had a cookout and went fishing. It was really nice because the Mrs. in that relationship has also gone sober (for health reasons)! It was so lovely, fun, and comfortable!

Proof that social life does not have to end after getting sober.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone
Happy sober Sunday. No complacency here. Can't wait to take my medicine of hot yoga this AM. Nothing better.
Have a great day.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Successful sober Saturday evening courtesy of this site and Netflix.

The really fun part of it is - I have some true integrity in the situation, as absolutely no one but myself would have known if I would have caved and drank a little wine.

I would have known, and it would be eating at me this morning ugh - but now I can just feel peaceful!
Old 05-22-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Late night last night....went to a posh evening out last night.
Av was active.
But I stuck with my lime and soda water. Clear head today! I will definitely be in the minority with that! Mega amounts of alcohol was consumed by most..... not many appeared totally clear headed.
Have a fabulous day xx
Old 05-22-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi everybody! Congrats to all on either successfully being social or successfully not drinking at home alone! Great job, team!

You guys are awesome!

Hawkeye, I have a Mexican like your Macedonian. I met him on a plane, he lived in the city in Mexico where I was doing foreign study in 1999... He owned a ranch and did all the horse riding, traditional charro stuff that is so beautiful.

He used to pick me up at 5 am and we would go to all these little pueblos far and wide so he could buy bulls/cows (not sure what sex they were).. We would have breakfast in these tiny little towns, I would read him the newspaper as we drove around and he would laugh at the words I would mispronounce. We talked and talked and talked.

We would load the animals up, usually 5 or 6 at a time, and take them to his ranch to be weighed and slaughtered. So romantic, lol. But I loved it. I loved the driving around and seeing the deep countryside, I loved when he would invite me to the charro events at his ranch, and then tip his hat to me as he rode out and ALL the girls would get so jealous

He looked so good dressed up when he would take me out on the town. One time he bought me a 50 pound bag of limes from a little Mayan town famous for them, just bc I said they were so delicious. My host mom was cracking up so hard! She had to squeeze all them and freeze the juice.

It was magical. He is not a Facebook guy, trust me, I would have found him. I don't have his phone number. I've always been afraid to call the direct number of the ranch bc it's a family business and I don't want to stir anything up if his wife works there.... I assume he has a wife.

I'll get on these googling kicks and try to find him. I think there was a not good quality photo of him in the paper down there once... or a cousin, not sure.

Yeah, I got a torch for that one. I got a torch for that who,e time, place, era, feeling, how I looked and felt, how he looked and felt, the laughing, the talking... yeah, Torch City here

Not saying he was the love of my life, just saying what a delicious experience. Yum!
Old 05-22-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Beallara

Well done to all you sober heads

The sun is trying to come out. Just saw a small convoy of old MG's (old cars), wonder if they are heading to an event? It's nearly 3:30am here so a bit late I would have thought.

I don't usually post pics of the street art that is prevalent round here but this caught my eye for its detail and the fact that it is easy to miss from any distance. I hope my phone camera does it justice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160522_151751.jpg (42.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 05-22-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Madgirl!!

The posts this morning here just fill up my heart! I think this bus is full of the most generous, sharing people. Thank you!!

I slept something like three more hours after my early morning post. Finally having coffee in front of open windows with an improbably cool fresh May breeze playing in the trees outside. So grateful. So peaceful. This is where I want to be. Sober, honest, squarely in the present.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate the weekenders threads and feel as though they are home group.
My class gradually faded away, I joined unders and then overs and love them too but here is where I spend most of my time and am happiest.
I like to try and catch up with you all but I am usually on my very old phone with poor signal which makes it a slow process. That is why I don't often 'like' a post because I end up back at the top of the page and this slows down the already snail pace process.
So please please accept my apologies and take it as read that I 'like/thank' each and every post.
Also I can't see most photos and can't get the music. But nonetheless I love you all.xxx
Old 05-22-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome pic Sao
Old 05-22-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by petals View Post
Just wanted to say that I really appreciate the weekenders threads and feel as though they are home group.
Me too!

Old 05-22-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by madgirl View Post
Successful sober Saturday evening courtesy of this site and Netflix.

The really fun part of it is - I have some true integrity in the situation, as absolutely no one but myself would have known if I would have caved and drank a little wine.

I would have known, and it would be eating at me this morning ugh - but now I can just feel peaceful!
I know what you mean MG--my husband would not know if I got into the bottle of vodka he leaves here and there around the house, but I would know.

I feel good passing by that bottle and imagining all the bad experiences for me I'm avoiding which are floating in those deceptively-clear depths.

Funny how things have changed--he would have been suspicious of my drinking on the sly just a few years ago.
Now he had gotten perhaps too complacent that I won't touch the stuff no matter what. . . the worm has turned. (I finally hit the weekly theme! )
He's the one with the problem now, I'm sad to say.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning!
Just finished my paragliding instruction. Was cleared to take the written test to get my license. Woo-hoo! Pretty proud I have to admit.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

GS...way to go! What an accomplishment!
Old 05-22-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

GS oh my god that sounds scary! Wow though good for you!!!
Old 05-22-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

BixBees ha - I thought it looked a little sad/pathetic to type my update post this AM but it FEELS SO GOOD to be honest!!!!