Notices

Day sucks.....I mean six.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day sucks.....I mean six.

Not doing well emotionally......but sober. Had a breakdown last night pretty much demanding my family "love me and support me". They're not ready and I pushed it, I realize that. But it still hurts. I resent that my husband tells our kid that I'm a bad person just because he's mad at me, I think it's hurtful and inappropriate to involve her like that. So, I feel pretty ganged up on and alone at the moment. I guess I'll just give everyone space, you know, while cleaning up all their messes and cooking all of their meals. I just really needed a hug and it felt like they were withholding that as some sort of punishment. I know it's because they just don't trust me yet.

I know I'm in no position to complain at this point and I'm having a total pity party, but, I'm pretty resentful today and trying to work through it with the program in mind.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Birds. I know how hard it is.

Unfortunately we can't demand or even expect support - this is a solo endeavor (for me it is anyway). Do this for YOU.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I totally get what you're saying. I've been there in the past week and was going to start a thread that was actually titled "My own Pity Party". It never got written because I got sidetracked. Still, just wanted you to know I understand and you have a ton of hugs from me!

Our people can get quite irritated and it takes a long time for the pi&$ and vinegar to go away. It hurts. We are trying, trying really hard.

Come here instead of looking to them right now. They'll come around eventually when they're ready. For now you have a whole lot of people here who understand how hard you're working right now and know just how hard this is.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BirdsAteMyFace View Post

Had a breakdown last night pretty much demanding my family "love me and support me". They're not ready and I pushed it,
Pretty common, us recovering drunks want it all now.
Do what you need to do so as to stay sober
and the family will come around in time (their time).
MB