Notices

Good nutritional diet plan

Old 05-21-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good nutritional diet plan

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a website that will help me to create a weekly or monthly diet plan? I need to stop eating takeaways and cakes but really struggle with planning healthy meals!

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

myfitnesspal is great. You can set your calorie and micro nutrient goals and it will track it all (you enter everything you eat...pretty self explanatory. And you can track your exercise, calories burned etc). I believe it will build menus too if you want. Sparkpeople definitely will build eating plans based on the way of eating (WOE as its called) you desire. So lowfat, low carb, paleo, ketogenic etc etc. If weight loss is your goal both sites will track calories etc. Lots of recipes too. I try to stick to kind of a keto/paleo approach and there are tons of websites to help with recipes etc. Just let google do the work. Oh and I think spark will create shopping lists from the menus you choose, or you let the engine create, pretty easy.

Good luck!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic thanks, just had a brief look and the paleo looks very interesting. I'll need to print a weekly menu to follow as there's no hope without one! My main aim is to get more nutrition by having a good diet and to stop snacking on vanilla crown cakes and chocolate pastries.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I use My Fitness Pal - it's really good I've also got an app on my phone that tracks my steps / cycling etc..
They are great tools to hold you accountable.
But since I gave up the booze I seem to be tracking cheesecake and chocolate brownies!
My sugar intake is out of control.
I lost a few pounds in the first few weeks of sobriety and then 2 weeks in my appetite came back with a vengeance!
x
Old 05-21-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I suggest you start by making small changes, say, weekly, small things you can stick to. And replace the starch and fat snacks with something that has some protein - I love almonds. You can still have a cupcake or some pie, but stop buying that stuff by the family size pack. Try to eat some protein and fiber rich foods at each meal, nothing past 7 pm, lots of water throughout the day. This is what worked for me.

I also suggest you plan on aiming for a pound or two a month. In a year, you will be down 20 pounds or more, have more energy, sleep better, look and feel better too. And this will be a lifestyle you will maintain because you are enjoying it. Long term deprivation doesn't have a good success rate.

Search for 'Precision Nutrition', a website that doesn't sell supplements or weight loss products, but instead offers some great information that makes sense. It's free, too.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

I agree with Freshstart57. Make small changes and stick to them. Don't go to extremes. and don't drink soda
Old 05-21-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

While I don't necessarily practice what I preach nowadays, I can't stress enough how important nutrition is to overall health. I hope you are able to find what you need.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Paleo is easy and makes great sense. It really is as simple as cutting out anything processed....and that includes standard flour. Super healthy.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree with small changes one at a time. For example if you're going to g paleo, plan one paleo meal each day, and then once that feels comfortable add another. That is what i did when we initially went paleo. The easiest for me was to make huge salads for lunch, easy to get tons of veggies and protein and just add olive oil as your dressing and you've made that one change.