Notices

Again?

Old 05-21-2016, 12:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Again?

I have drank about two bottles of wine at the moment. But I am thinking about all that I need to do this weekend, and all that my life has become. I can't truly function and be drunk the whole time.

Help.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Help.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way whiteturtle
You're in the right place.
Try not to have anything else to drink, have some water and stay on here, read as much as you can and make a plan for tomorrow.
Big hugs x
Old 05-21-2016, 01:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you got anymore alcohol in the house? If so, get rid of it! Focus on staying sober for the next hour.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

We are here for you 24/7.

Not as good as 911, but what do you expect for free.

Hopefully you are done drinking for the night and then forever...

Here is a plan....

Get up in the morning, wash up, hydrate a lot, eat clean as you can, take a long walk, stretch a bit, take a nap, hydrate, eat, go to the market, text or call some people, hit golf balls, hydrate, watch tv, play video games, eat, go to a meeting, take a walk, go to bed..wake up feeling awesome..

There is no...drink booze on that list....

Lather, rinse, repeat...modify as you see fit....except never add the booze back..

Trust me...it feels awesome....

Thanks for the post.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey WhiteTurtle

the three best recommendations I can make are
  • dump whatever booze you have left
  • don't buy anymore
  • stay on SR

Why not join the Class of May support thread?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-14.html

D
Old 05-21-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope you're sleeping it off right now. You can do this if you really want to.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What exactly do you need to do? Can you reschedule and spend the weekend healing yourself?
Old 05-21-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello,

I too hope you are getting some rest, and ready to start again today. Jeff's question is a good one, are you able to take care of you this weekend, and get back on track?
Old 05-21-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's interesting how we (alcoholics) think.

You were thinking about all that I need to do this weekend, - and even after two bottles of wine, whatever you need to do this weekend was still gnawing at you, so you couldn't really "enjoy" the wine.

You concluded I can't truly function and be drunk the whole time.
- so that whole "functioning alcoholic" has proven itself to be incredibly difficult for you, and you are in pain as a result.

At this point you have a choice. Stop drinking alcohol, and over time you will gain the presence and peace of mind necessary to function without the incredible amount of stress you currently feel, or continue to drink alcohol and stop even trying to "function".

It's your choice. You do have that choice, and all the power in the world to make it. This site is fantastic (it has been for me anyway) to learn tips and tricks from others who have made the choice to embrace sobriety.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, everyone, for your responses. It is beyond a huge comfort just knowing I'm not alone, and that there are people to talk to any time I need it.

I was somewhat hungover today, but ended up drinking two hard ciders. I poured a glass of wine and had a few sips. But then i just set it by the kitchen sink and went to lay down in bed...which is what I am currently doing, reading around SR.

I feel like I'm getting closer to seriously quitting again. The longest I made it was almost a month last summer. My second attempt lasted a week, I think. My third attempt a few months ago was maybe four days? I am scared because I seem to just do worse each time. I am anxious and nervous and depressed about opening the sobriety door again. But I am also worried that I have to.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

But I am also worried that I have to.
I worried about "having to" get sober until I'd been sober long enough to reap the benefits of it. There's nothing like waking up feeling good. My worst day sober is still miles better than my best day drunk.

I hope you will make the decision to get sober for good. If you continue to drink, it will just get worse.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You can do this white turtle, you are much bigger than that addictive voice in your head...
Every time the addictive voice lies to you and tells you that you need a drink, call it on it...tell it to shut the H up.
From now on, you are going to be taking the reins and taking back control of your life.
That addictive voice that tells you to have a drink doesn't care if you live or die, all it wants is what it wants and will say anything to you to get you to have a drink.
The next few days might be tough but you can do it...work through it and stay close to us here.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am anxious and nervous and depressed about opening the sobriety door again

yeah god forbid, you start to feel BETTER!!!!! how about getting EXCITED about recovery and looking FORWARD to what gifts sobriety will bring you?

dump ALL the booze in your house. there is no need to sneak up on being sober......you don't have to stalk it thru the bushes like Elmer Fudd hunting wabbits.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Why are you anxious and depressed about ceasing the very thing which spikes anxiety and depression?

No seriously I get what you're trying to say. It's like the old saying "better the devil you know than the devil you don't" - only, it's not a devil at all to be sober. I'll have 70 days next week so it's still early but I promise you - even though it can be uncomfortable or seem a bit quiet, this is 1000 times better than being confused, hungover, and so terribly sad.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel like I'm getting closer to seriously quitting again.
Don't be passive about this. You pick the time your quit - nothing else.

Why not quit today, for good?

D
Old 05-21-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi whiteturtle. I know just how you feel - I was the same way just before quitting forever. Alcohol was no longer fun or relaxing - just something I felt compelled to do. I look back & don't know what I was afraid of - I wasn't giving up anything but misery. Sounds like you're ready to see what your new, sober life has in store for you. I'm glad you wanted to talk it over.