SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 2 done! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/391601-day-2-done.html)

Rufus1979 05-20-2016 02:40 PM

Day 2 done!

It's not much but it took a lot of getting here x I couldn't have done it without you guys yesterday, I really mean it!! Eyes forward xxx

Hevyn 05-20-2016 02:42 PM

Yes it is a big deal, Rufus! On to Day 3 - and better times ahead.

OldTomato 05-20-2016 02:44 PM

Very well done Rufus!

madgirl 05-20-2016 02:49 PM

Great!!! And I disagree - I think getting through the first week or two of sobriety is impressive - particularly if you were a daily drinker, because you are working so hard to break the habit and the cycle.

Arpeggioh 05-20-2016 03:11 PM

Happy news, Rufus; every sober day is a huge victory for all of us! Hoping you can finally see a bit of light at the end of this very dark tunnel...

Rufus1979 05-20-2016 03:17 PM

Thank you x shall be celebrating with a chilled get up (no hangover) and cup of coffee before starting the weekend x plenty of plans to celebrate the beauty of life and my children xx

Rufus1979 05-20-2016 03:18 PM

I've also made the tape... It's not pretty and should be a deterrent for now ( and all your support too)

frankster 05-20-2016 03:18 PM

Everyday sober is a gift. Keep going.:You_Rock_

Rufus1979 05-20-2016 03:19 PM

I've also contacted an d friend who I have not spoken to properly in 20 years but i found out he has had problems but been sober for over a year now. I will be speaking to him tomorrow Adams a little scared I've finally admitted it to someone "real" but I know he cares and will hopefully be there for me

least 05-20-2016 03:23 PM

The first few days are hard. But you can get thru them and come out stronger. :) Keep going, it gets better. :)

LadyBlue0527 05-20-2016 04:45 PM

There's strength in numbers Rufus. I'm glad you called your friend. This fight you're feeling won't always feel this way. Although you hear talk of thinking about it years down the road it's not the same as it is in the beginning.

You can do this!!!!

Dee74 05-20-2016 04:50 PM

I think it's a great achievement! congratulations Rufus :)

D

Rufus1979 05-20-2016 10:37 PM

Thank you all x day three coming up x

chrcarlson 05-20-2016 11:01 PM

Outstanding! For me the first few days were the toughest. After a week it got easier.

Rufus1979 05-20-2016 11:21 PM

I don't want complacency to set it x from what I'm reading it seems the biggest problem to people recovering. But in just trying to set asside that thought and focus on today.
I have a birthday celebration with a friend - the first time I have been out anywhere social without my kids in 3 years! I was worried because the reason if I'm honest I haven't been out ( I would make excuses that I had no childcare) was that I didn't trust myself to go out and drink in public! I knew I wouldn't stop myself from making a fool of myself...all my drinking was done strictly alone behind closed doors at home! Well tonight I am driving to make 100% sure I can't drink ( even though I'm in a good place and don't want too!) there is no way I can drink and drive with these people in my car. My trigger point is when I get home I would usually have wanted wine...but plan in place.... Come home, chat on SR bed for the first sleep without children in 3 years!!! House to my self! Into bed and SLEEP before chilled morning, but of work to catch up on and then over to my parents!
So that's the plan for night three to sty focused and healthy x

chrcarlson 05-20-2016 11:51 PM

Rufus-for the first weeks or months always have something to do during your witching hour. I avoided people and places I use to drink. For me it's been 163 days. I've been fishing with the old drinking buddies a time or two but still avoid certain situations.

Rufus1979 05-21-2016 02:03 AM

For me, it'll be late afternoon or early evening. Then weekend nights. It's just a habit I know and habits can be broken, and will be broken xxx I need to keep busy x
Well done on your achievement xx that's remarkable you should be very proud xxx

Rufus1979 05-21-2016 02:06 AM

The biggest problem I have is that I was a lone drinker! Hiding away in my house alone but for kids asleep in bed!! Awful I know x and so much harder to avoid as I have to be at home alone at some point xxx I'm trying to keep as social and busy as possible, this should help me. I can easily go into a bar and say no!!!! Weird I know, but can't avoid the aisle in the supermarket to then drink by myself!!!! I wish it were about places I could avoid x it's a mindset I have to shift completely x

thomas11 05-21-2016 07:23 AM

Every single sober person had to overcome obstacles to remain sober, you will too. You can do it man, hang in there. Do not buy or drink any alcohol. Is that a deal?

Rufus1979 05-21-2016 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by thomas11 (Post 5962623)
Every single sober person had to overcome obstacles to remain sober, you will too. You can do it man, hang in there. Do not buy or drink any alcohol. Is that a deal?

DEAL XXX I will not buy or drink any alcohol xxx I can keep a promise xx
I will give you my word and prove it to you later when I message honestly on here

There is no place for lying to strangers as there is no need xxx especially ones who are trying to help xx I'm out for a lovely evening and I give you my word no alcohol xxx 👌🏻⭐️