Notices

7 days sober need encouragement

Old 05-20-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Zion, and congratulations on one week sober!! SR is a great support. Getting through the first few weekends can be a little tough, so stick close, read and post.

Your detox did not sound pleasant, remember that whenever the thought of drinking pops up.:-)

Glad you are here.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Zion- For me the first week was the toughest. I had the most trouble setting at home during my normal drinking hour. If you make plans to do something/anything else it makes it much easier. It will not tug at you if your busy.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome! Your detox sounds similar to mine, not nice! But hey you did it and you are here 7 days sober, you never have to do detox again. Just for today all you have to do is not drink. Distract yourself in whatever way you want if you feel the urges come on - they do pass soon enough. You're doing great, we believe in you
Old 05-21-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Glad that you're here Zion! This board has been monumental in maintaining my sobriety. I only ran into trouble when I stopped coming here.

Keep on doing what you're doing, you have a life that's far better than you can even imagine right now.

In the meantime keep building those tools in your sobriety toolkit and again, come here, come here, come here. Did I mention come here?
Old 05-21-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Welcome Z,

SR is like a 24/7 AA meeting on steroids...

Ask and you shall receive. This place saved my life. Stay clean. Build a sober life.

Booze is a prison. You are free today. Stay free, never go back.

Based on my exp. W booze, you will likely have anxiety for several months if not longer.

I am over 1 year clean and I still get...spooked...every day.

But, it is only for a very short time and only a few times.....now.

At first it was all the time. It gets better everyday.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm new myself, About to start day 6. Weekend is here and I feel you! Although I have to say it's nice to wake up early on a Saturday, and not feel my pulse in my head and like general ****.

Your post really helped me. Thank you. It's good not to feel alone in this. I've been to 3 meetings and it really helps. AA peeps have been really cool and not like a cult that some have said. I think there is a number you can call to get a list of meetings near you if the online site isn't working.

Your strength is inspiring. 🙏🏽
Old 05-21-2016, 03:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Zion , well done on 7 days and glad your feeling better . I am 10 days now and I posted here yesterday about unwanted thoughts of drinking . It was explained to me that these thoughts can come but doesn't mean you want to drink , they are just nuisance fleeting thoughts that pass and they do . You will do this and you will love life every morning you wake up for doing it . I get told to keep posting and reading here and I will and hope you do too .
Rooting for you .