Notices

NEVER Give Up on Yourself!!!!

Old 05-18-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

NEVER Give Up on Yourself!!!!

Hey!

I know the beginning of sobriety can be harder then we could hope for, but it isn't always that easy. I know it is frustrating, I know the depression can seem overwhelming, I know it is hard fully feeling emotions for the first time in decades, and I know you can feel like life is unfair and why can't you be like "everyone else" but if you stick it out, I promise you that things will be better then you ever thought was possible.

Embrace the struggles, learn from them and use them as a reason to refuse to go backwards. We already know what life will consist of and feel like as addicts, but you don't know what life could become when you are truly in recovery. The unknown can be daunting, you can wonder if you are the exception and that it will never happen for you, but YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT. You might have made mistakes in the past, you might feel down on your luck, and you might feel like too much time has been wasted- but the answer is not to continue the hell of addiction, IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO TRUELY LIVE AND LOVE LIFE.

Find a doctor that you trust, get a psychological evaluation done (a lot of alcoholics and drug addicts have mental health issues), find a substance abuse counselor that you can trust, go to meetings or find a strong support group, literally do the opposite of everything you were doing and I promise you that if you put the work in you will not only find sobriety and recovery..but you will also find a level of self love and self respect that you haven't experienced in a long time, if ever.

Lean on those around you, trust your doctors, be willing and open to different medicines or natural depression and stress relief remedies and tools. Eat a little healthier, get moving, find what you love and allow yourself to feel good about yourself. I know that in the beginning we don't ever feel like it will happen for us, but everyone feels that way in the beginning.

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF. NEVER STOP FIGHTING, NEVER GIVE UP JUST BECAUSE IT IS LESS SCARY AND IS EASIER IN THE SHORT TERM. I promise you, you won't regret the work you put into your recovery, keep moving forward; even if you have to get on your hands and knees and crawl. YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 05-18-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No. I can't do it.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Why not, Fabela?
Old 05-18-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Thanks for posting this AdelineRose! My positive reinforcement for the day
Old 05-18-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right.

I think it's Henry Ford.

Thanks for the positive post AR!
Old 05-18-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Adeline - I really like positive threads

D
Old 05-18-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by AdelineRose View Post

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF. NEVER STOP FIGHTING, NEVER GIVE UP JUST BECAUSE IT IS LESS SCARY AND IS EASIER IN THE SHORT TERM. I promise you, you won't regret the work you put into your recovery, keep moving forward; even if you have to get on your hands and knees and crawl. YOU CAN DO IT!
Love, love, love what you wrote!!! It should be on a poster!!

Old 05-18-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the comments everyone!

Fabela why do you say you can't do it? I used to think I couldn't do it..hell I started using drugs at 14 and was an IV heroin user by 16. At 25 I finally put an end to the madness...but not before I was homeless, stealing from everyone I loved, totaled my car, had to leave school for awhile, was running from the cops with my fiancé because he had warrents..I literally thought that I could never get sober, but really I just needed to be brave enough to truly try. Please don't give up on yourself, I have found the life of an addict was WAY HARDER then the life of being sober, I just was comfortable with the hurdles that came with addiction and scared of being alive again.