Notices

Starting over again three years later.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

One minute at a time, one hour at a time, one meeting a day, one day at a time. Hey, it's working. I haven't felt this good in a long, long time. I'm not hung over today and I don't regret yesterday. I'll take that to the spiritual bank and cash it in. Thank you AA, thank you SR, thank you higher power (for me it's god).
Whatever it takes. I'm ready.
On the 3rd of this month I was suicidal at 7:10 in the morning, shaking and sick. I felt helpless, hopeless, lost.
Today I feel hopeful, helpful and found. Unreal.
Alcohol is poison. It belongs in the hardware store with the other cleaning chemicals. It has no place in our lives.
We are in this together. I know I can't do it alone.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Keep thinking it's so destructive to my child having a mother like me! So depressing.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The depression will lift. If you weren't a good mom you wouldn't be here.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello. I am new here..I have a seven yr old boy and im a single parent.I have been an alcoholic his whole life and he is getting to the age where I know he knows. I understand your guilt.I am on day one as well..I wish you the very best in your recovery.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

So glad you came here.

It was a defining day when my daughter told me that there was to be no alcohol when she visited with my grandkids. Although I never did anything stupid, it was more that I got loud and became different than the sober me.

You don't realize just how much that affects a child. You become someone they don't know regardless of whether it's negative actions. That's scary for them.

I appreciate the witching hour comment. Me too. That's when you really need to be here. There's a tremendous amount of support and also my lions share of time spent here