Notices

I have decided to quit all together! Thanks to you all.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you. Sobriety is the best decision I make!
Old 05-22-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello all. 2 weeks in. Still sober. Still being invited out. But I have refused at this time.. Though I have no feelings of wanting to drink. I could go and stay sober but the thought of alcohol makes me feel sick. I've really cleaned my self up I think. Only water no fizzy drinks that I'm tempted to add vodka into ha.

I am still dealing with quite bad depression. And I suppose even worse now I'm in the real world permanently. Not dipping in and out. It is very hard to feel comfortable in myself. Any advice would be much apreciated.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks. Glad to hear you're still doing well.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Hello TheBeaches. It's been awhile since your last post. How are you doing? In regards to the depression, moods in early recovery will be all over the place. That may be the reason for the depression. Though, many of us suffer from general depression and that may be the case for you you. If it is the case just getting sober isn't going to make that go away but it does give you the opportunity to work on that. Drinking just makes it continue without a chance of getting better. It's best to talk to your doctor about depression. There's a number of strategies to help with it.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

You asked for some advice and here's mine. Keep coming here, no matter what. It's the most caring and non judgemental environment because we understand.

Do you have a plan in place for when you want to drink?

I hope all is well.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to see this thread topped. You have been in my thoughts, i hope you will check in and let us know how it is going.
Have you spoken with a therapist about your depression? You've gone through some pretty major life changes, quitting drinking being just one of them, I imagine you would benefit greatly from speaking to the right person you connect with. Sometimes it can take some time to find the right therapist, but when you do it is a great thing.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Hello TheBeaches. It's been awhile since your last post. How are you doing? In regards to the depression, moods in early recovery will be all over the place. That may be the reason for the depression. Though, many of us suffer from general depression and that may be the case for you you. If it is the case just getting sober isn't going to make that go away but it does give you the opportunity to work on that. Drinking just makes it continue without a chance of getting better. It's best to talk to your doctor about depression. There's a number of strategies to help with it.
thanks so much. Still not drinking and not doing other stuff. Apreciate the advice.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
You asked for some advice and here's mine. Keep coming here, no matter what. It's the most caring and non judgemental environment because we understand.

Do you have a plan in place for when you want to drink?

I hope all is well.
Thank you. Didn't want to bother people with daily updates. No plan for if I want to drink. Im not eating either. So I won't drink. As Id be sick if I drank on an empty stomach.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I'm so glad to see this thread topped. You have been in my thoughts, i hope you will check in and let us know how it is going.
Have you spoken with a therapist about your depression? You've gone through some pretty major life changes, quitting drinking being just one of them, I imagine you would benefit greatly from speaking to the right person you connect with. Sometimes it can take some time to find the right therapist, but when you do it is a great thing.
Thanks so much for your responce. I'm not good with therapist. I always get refered back to gp for not attending. I don't like seeing people. And right now. I'm pretty much hiding. So not a good time to see someone.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I think the big issue is to make a final decision about your drinking and that you will never ever drink again. alot of times we feel maybe down the road we will be able to drink and that's what messes up a good recovery, for me atleast.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheBeaches View Post
Thank you. Didn't want to bother people with daily updates. No plan for if I want to drink. Im not eating either. So I won't drink. As Id be sick if I drank on an empty stomach.
First, good for you for making a commitment to sobriety. The sober life is a great life.

Part of sobriety is self-care. That means nourishing yourself with healthy food.

Not eating isn't good for us. Have you heard of HALT (hungry, angry, lonely, tired)? Not eating puts you into the hungry zone and also, because your body needs to be nourished for energy, it opens the door to tired.

Please eat a nutritious diet. You will be glad you did!
Old 06-12-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Still sober. Extremely miserable.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Beaches
It will ge better! What are you doing for yourself other than nor drinking these days?
Jonathan
Old 06-12-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Doing this white knuckling act is a sure road to misery. Sure, you're sober, but you're not working on your recovery. Please look after yourself or you'll send yourself bats**t crazy and get sick as well.

I'd suggest investigating support groups in your local area, and getting a sobriety plan together that doesn't involve trying to control things through extreme and damaging behaviour. I include starving yourself in that. And you're not the first person to have tried that one either. Basically, as addict we tend towards trying to control things by doing something that initially makes us feel good (strong, attractive, physically good, rewarded, whatever kind of good). That something for the feelgood factor can be something that in moderation might be harmless or even good for us, but when we get our obsessive mitts on it we use ut to the point of self-destruction. This could be alcohol or drugs. It can also be sex, gambling, shopping, running, weights, eating or not eating, and probably others that I can't think of right now. Many alcoholics, when getting sober, look for a replacement and end up cross addicting. Please. Do this whole thing safely. Why settle for sobriety when you could have recovery, and learn to be comfortable and happy without the booze.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheBeaches View Post
Still sober. Extremely miserable.
Why are you miserable?
Old 06-12-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zufrieden View Post
Hi Beaches
It will ge better! What are you doing for yourself other than nor drinking these days?
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan doing for myself in what way?
Old 06-12-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Wow Bury makes alot of sence. You really did get alot from that one sentence I mentioned about food. Wow

I thought not drinkinf was working on my recovery this is hard
Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Doing this white knuckling act is a sure road to misery. Sure, you're sober, but you're not working on your recovery. Please look after yourself or you'll send yourself bats**t crazy and get sick as well.

I'd suggest investigating support groups in your local area, and getting a sobriety plan together that doesn't involve trying to control things through extreme and damaging behaviour. I include starving yourself in that. And you're not the first person to have tried that one either. Basically, as addict we tend towards trying to control things by doing something that initially makes us feel good (strong, attractive, physically good, rewarded, whatever kind of good). That something for the feelgood factor can be something that in moderation might be harmless or even good for us, but when we get our obsessive mitts on it we use ut to the point of self-destruction. This could be alcohol or drugs. It can also be sex, gambling, shopping, running, weights, eating or not eating, and probably others that I can't think of right now. Many alcoholics, when getting sober, look for a replacement and end up cross addicting. Please. Do this whole thing safely. Why settle for sobriety when you could have recovery, and learn to be comfortable and happy without the booze.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Why are you miserable?
That's a good question. I have to face reality. Reality isn't nice. No way to escape anymore. I feel bad not pretending that I'm all amazing but I was better of wasted out of my brain if I'm honest. But I won't give in or anything.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Why are you miserable?
How are you doing?
Old 06-12-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zufrieden View Post
Hi Beaches
Jonathan
How are you?