Notices

Learning from my Mistake

Old 05-12-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Learning from my Mistake

Hi all,

I have been reading threads on this forum every day, but I have not posted in a while. I suffered a relapse after a few months of being sober and have learned some notable lessons as a result, the most valuable of which is that I’m not actually the “functional” alcoholic I thought I was. In fact, the relapse rendered me useless for several days, something I have not really experienced beforehand. It was as if my time spent sober caused several hours of binge drinking to become more acute! Anyway, I’m grateful that I’ve thrown myself back into the twelve step program I was attempting to work beforehand. I will work much harder this time. It’s absurd, though. I see stories like mine here all the time, yet I don’t seem to learn until I go out there and try it out for myself. I hope that in the future I do a better job of taking advice and learning from the experience of others who have come before me. I’m starting over again (it’s been a few days now since my relapse) and I’m actually hopeful in spite of my mistake. I truly feel I’ve learned that I’d better not “push it.” The thing is, I have the chance right now NOT to roll the dice and risk losing everything. I hope this time I’ve cashed in my chips for good.

Thank you all for helping to keep me sober, even if my sober streak isn’t exactly perfect!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nicki,

I'm glad you're feeling better and ready to take on recovery.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you learned something and are ready to get started again.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi NJ