Notices

Week 1 (Day 7)

Old 05-12-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Week 1 (Day 7)

Just hitting on the week or day 7 mark with my recovery. Still having trouble sleeping which is making my emotions feel like crap. Just thinking about why I started to drink then and wish I didn't do it. Things really need to change with my life and focus more on my recovery. I'm upset I didn't hit my one year mark by two weeks which I know it's has pass and I should focus on today but it's hard.

Somethings which I said I need to change it to stop hanging out with some people who go to bars. Just need to stay out of that environment, I can't see myself there anymore. I can't drink, so why put myself where I the whole point is to drink.

Other thing which I have to change is one friend I know. A person I made over 8 years ago, which I reconnect a 2 years ago. If I was going to hang out with anyone it would be him. If I go out to the bars, he would be the guy I would go with. He didn't care if I drink or not. I know it's my responsibility to point the people I want to be around with. He also make good money but likes to p*ss me off when he does tries to get me to pay for his bill or I pay one part of the bill and he would pay the other part later on but does not. I was going to New York with him and didn't want to spend that much but ended up not twice as much and we didn't leave yet. I just don't want to go and just walk away from the travel to just avoid everything. I just need to drop him out of my life for good. My life would be half as less stressful if I did.

My sleeping habit is still not good part of it is of my so call friend above I talk about. Him needing to change the times of the travel which it was not part of the agreement but he gets his away. Also I think part of it is the stress of work and what I have done to myself and to others. Third is I'm starting over again, which I have been doing so dang good but doing so bad which I know I should not be doing to stay sober.

My job which I still have but I can lose it even if I do everything right which will drive me crazy if I lose it. Will not drink if I do lost it. Just need to prepare myself if I lose it. Update my portfolio website and resume and start looking to see what's out there.

Anyway, at least I'm not drinking today and things can only get better if I stay on track. I'm at week 1 or day 7 and I know there are a few things I need to do to stay sober. It will not be easy but it will need to be done.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 1 week Action! Sounds like you have some good plans to change many of the areas of your life that are causing problems, stick to them and you will be rewarded. Regarding your job, you hit the nail on the head - just keep doing your best today. Chances are if you keep doing a good job you'll still be around - it's hard to find good employees. And even if events beyond your control necessitate a change, having your resume in order is a great backup plan.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on one week, ACT10Npack! It certainly does sound like that friend is not really a friend and your life would be just fine without him. Wishing you the best today.