Notices

46 days sober

Old 05-11-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

46 days sober

I'm 46 days sober today - I feel ok well better - well better than 46 days ago - still need to find a sponsor- and get to more meetings - need support
Old 05-11-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go! 46 days is awesome. Keep up the hard work and best of luck to you finding a sponsor.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on 46 days! Asking someone to be your sponsor is a great step.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats janese!!!! That's awesome!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go! Don't beat yourself up - sure, every day is a work in progress. But you don't "need" to do anything, except stay sober! It gets easier, enjoyment in daily life will follow. Allow yourself to be happy, you should be with such a great accomplishment so far! Congrats.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on the sober time!

Having a recovery plan always helped me continue to move forward even if I was stalling and not being active in my recovery.

Set counseling dates and times always helped force me to take that step (in the beginning more than once a week, then once a week, then every other week, now once a month as I have progressed in my recovery).

Keeping a journal was easy and something that actually has helped a lot in the long run. Sometimes I would think I was "feeling fine" and then I'd start writing and out would come all these worries, concerns, things that made me mad, regrets, hopes, etc. It also helps to be able to look back and read about how bad it was in the beginning and how far I have come even if I don't feel like I have come all that far some days.

I do not go to meetings or follow the 12 steps but having a support team of doctors and counselors plus a strong bond with my family has helped propel me forward as I continue on this new journey of my life.

I look at it as a life change, and I make small goals that I try to hit and then soon you have accomplished pretty large goals when you look back and see where you were a month, 6 months, a year from now.

Keep it up, and don't be hard on yourself, look how far you have come!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Janese

D
Old 05-11-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank u all for ur replies - recovery can be lonely sometimes- I'm glad I found this site- I spent my first 30 days of sobriety in a treatment center- and for the last two weeks I have been back to work - and going to an outpatient treatment at night- on the weekends I go to meetings- I'm happy not to be a slave to alcohol and drugs anymore - at least now with 46 days under my belt I have a choice today- and I'm choosing sobriety
Old 05-11-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, great job so far. And going to more and different meetings will mean that you get your meet more sober friends. And the more people you meet, the more options you will have for potential sponsors. So, more meetings sounds like a definite plan.

In the meantime, keep reading and posting here. This place has been another lifesaver (along with AA) for me.

I also found the AA speaker recordings really helpful. I use them on my commutes to and from work, and along with my daily prayer and meditation, this sets me up for the day. Throughout the day I use the serenity prayer and mini-meditation to cope with stresses and strains.

This is a link for the speaker recordings in case you fancy trying them.. 5500+ AA Speakers & Tapes - Organized & Mobile-Friendly!
Old 05-11-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Janese. Welcome to SR and congratulations on 46 days sober! Brilliant.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on 46 days Janese
Old 05-11-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi Janese ,
i come to SR every day read and post a bit , it really helps me get through .

m