Notices

So tired.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So tired.

My weekend wine drinking has slid into Thursday night...then Wednesday night. Two glasses became 3, then a bottle to a bottle and a half. Every Monday I say I'll quit. Every week I seem to drink more. I have to get a handle on it. Reading here on and off today has given me some hope, so thank you all for your honesty in sharing your struggles and victories. I'm going to make reading and participating on this forum my nightly ritual instead of reaching for the bottle.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forums lyndee. I know what its like to go around the loop over and over. Posting here is helpful.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello, Lyndee. Funny how a nice ritual can develop into an bad pattern of problematic behavior.
You'll learn a lot here.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Lyndee

D
Old 05-11-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Lyndee! I relate to your current situation of making the "starting Monday" deal with myself. I too am working on making SR a nightly ritual. I love this site and think it'll be helpful to you.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know quitting drinking and finding recovery seems daunting, but I promise if you give it a real good go then you will never regret it.

I always thought that people who said life was so much better sober just hadn't tried heroin so jokes on them....joke was on me because all the heroin in the world didn't make me happy, it destroyed me. It truly is worth it, if you commit to it and refuse to look back.

Take it one step at a time. Even if you have to push off drinking by one hour at a time until you decide to go to bed it is worth the struggle and the fight. Also, I have found the longer I was sober the easier it was not to use and therefore it slowly became the new normal and I started to really get in the grove.

Don't give up and continue moving forward even if it is only little steps at a time.