Notices

is there a substitute for alcohol.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Sharpy, try to take away from this something of great import. What just happened with you is huge. You replaced an old custom with a new one by making some new memories. Next anniversary will be easier, and you can draw on this when other occasions like this present themselves.

Something else to consider is that your sober muscle gets stronger with each success. You are accomplishing a tremendous feat here. Well done!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sharpy View Post
Happy to say my husband was very receptive to my feelings. Seems he has been more understanding over time. I was a mess so we stayed home, and worked on a new art project, went grocery shopping had cheese cake and ice cream and before bed made some hot tea and listened to music.

Stayed up way to late and woke up with a horrible headach and sinus pressure, missed my (head) doctor appointment but I feel ok. Rescheduled and got to relax in the morning and sleep.in a bit. Glad I do not have a hangover glad I don't feel guilt. .Happy that I decided to share my feelings rather than bottle them up. Thanks again. Yesterday was rough, you all helped me more than I can say.

Great news all around! It is wonderful to hear your husband supported you, that you listened to your feelings and stayed in, that you had a nice night anyway and most importantly that you stayed sober.

Oh and, go big or go home, eh? Cheese cake and ice cream. I call that a celebration! Belated happy anniversary wishes to you.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you Mera yes cheese cake AND ice cream ...I don't do anything lightly lol luckily I didn't overindulge and had small portions!
Old 05-12-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well if you have any leftovers today go ahead and enjoy them, you sure deserve it after that massive sober win.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
now's the time

After reading this I'm going around the corner to get a cupcake. Congrats on your sober anniversary!!
Old 05-12-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Can't beat a bit of ginger @!!