Notices

very tired

Old 05-09-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

very tired

Ive drunk every day now since mid Jan...im so tired but so scared to stop....wish id never drank my first drink....wish I could take it all back....stopped over xmas but its all gone so wrong since I took the first drink.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Highwind. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Have you any supportive plans ideas to help you stop and stay sober?
Old 05-09-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was scared to stop as well Highwind, but I just got so tired I couldn't do it anymore and had to stop.

Do you attend support groups at all? It's always helpful to listen and speak to people who have gone through the same experiences.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hear ya. That's what brought me here. I was exhausted and it was dragging on longer and longer between attempts to quit. On Day 11 after 13 months since my last attempt to get "on the wagon". I have to remind myself daily....no matter how hard sobriety is (and it feels really hard)....it way better than dragging my butt through the day hung over....day after day. I'm scared too....but I'm more scared of alcohol at this point....it was killing me.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Highwind - you are scared to stop. Maybe if you go to a detox centre for a few days, you won't be so scared. You will be well taken care of, administered meds, and there will be doctors/nurses there, and other people to talk to.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I totally get it ....

If you have a way to do it get a physical detox now at a hospital .... the rest will have to follow, but not now.

If you can't get a physical detox .... call ANYONE who will come sit with you as you go through the shake rattle and roll. Someone to give you a hand getting out of bed and to the bathroom. Someone to help you by heating up some soup to keep you from getting weaker. Someone to be sure you have water. And most of all ... someone that is there to (just by their presence) keep you from drinking again.

No one is responsible for us, but yet I am my brothers keeper!
Old 05-09-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Highwind

my recommendation if you're scared to stop is see a Dr. for help?

D
Old 05-09-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today is a good day to start to feel better...you can make this happen by doing everything you need to do to make this day one...
....the fear you feel is created by the alcohol.
It will go away when you stop drinking!
If it is the WD that is causing you concern see your doc or go to the ER and get the support you need...that is their job and can be a great support for you with a safe withdrawal..
Let us know how you are going.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You will start to feel better after a few days sober. I know it seems overwhelming, but it is worth it. You will wake up with a clear mind each day, and no guilt or worries about the night before. Today seems like a great day to pour out the rest of the alcohol and make tomorrow Day One!!
Old 05-10-2016, 02:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can get the help you need to safely detox from alcohol. You can get sober but it's hard at first. Get thru the first few days and it will start to get better.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Im not scared of the physical side its more a fear of giving up something ive relied so heavily on for so long....i suppose everyone feels that though.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes, I do think everyone is scared of that Highwind...but there comes a point where one is more scared of continuing down the same road I guess...
Old 05-11-2016, 12:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well day 1 for me now, decided to quit smoking aswell as the two seem to go to hand in hand for my liking. Wish me luck people.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good luck Highwind - you can do this mate.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You can do this high wind and when the going gets tough, know that you will never have to do it again.

Remember we are here for you.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Highwind View Post

stopped over xmas but its all gone so wrong since I took the first drink.
You can do it again.
Seek the sober life while there is still time.
MB
Old 05-11-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

There are those feelings of letting go of something. It is weird that it's hard to let go of something that is so toxic. Posting on here and reading has helped me tremendously.
You were successful a few months ago - you can do it again.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You can do it, keep reading here and posting!
Old 05-11-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

As a repeat offender I can assure you that the people here (most) will not give up on you!

Please don't give up on yourself.

Although I have very physical issues from my alcohol use, I really get the whole .... it's what I depend on.

Please see a doctor. I went on Tuesday and his nurse spent a 1/2 hour with me and he spent an hour with me. He can't really get me sober, but he was able to look at some of the stuff that I use as an excuse and work for solutions on that ....

I also depend on it. Switching to using other methods to deal with both physical and emotional stuff is hard. I know it can be done. I can promise you it can be done. It does take a lot of commitment, but there are people here to help you through (hug)
Old 05-11-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day7 one highwind - don't be a stranger - really use this community - as much as you need to

D