Notices

Feel anxiety now

Old 05-09-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel anxiety now

With my last post, I thought I was have a meeting about what happen. The meeting was pretty short, but with my boss and another coworker wanted to talk to meet but he had to leave early. Well around 4 pm when I was working in from a short break to get a snack because I was catching up on miss work. He said there will be a meeting tomorrow about my section because not many people was in today. Now, the real meeting will be tomorrow because most people will be in tomorrow day. Feeling anxiety about what will happen because my boss was feeling down about the section when he brought it up when I wake in. Can't believe I mess it up just because I started to drink the night last Saturday. I really hate being call out anything bad about myself but when it comes to my alcohol addiction its a lot worst.

Most likely will not get any sleep tonight.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No matter what may or may not happen at work, don't take the first drink. Do whatever works to stay away from it, stay online here whatever works for you. Take care
Old 05-09-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I would be willing to bet that if he had something very important to tell you directly he would have done so today. If whatever the meeting is about can wait till tomorrow then I'm sure you can too, right? Your anxiety is probably just playing tricks and making mountains out of molehills. Be prepared for the meeting of course and continue to do your work but try and relax a bit. Take a quick walk or just do some deep breathing for a few minutes.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds like they are meeting in general about your section, and not about your absence last week. Can you be prepared with any performance data? Also, be prepared to be an active listener, take notes about feedback and based on what they tell you let them know you will work with your section to create a plan to address whatever the areas of concern are.

Remember that drinking tonight will only make you more anxious tomorrow. You can do this!!
Old 05-09-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea, I know. Dont like the unknown when it comes to my issue with alcohol. But I can not drink tonight.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nevermind tonight - if you're a drinker like me, this needs to be the bottom line for good:

But I can not drink
Old 05-09-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So, I'm at the movies to try to get away but still can't get this feeling. Not drinking but nervousness. I hate this feeling and wish it will go away. Don't know why I'm having it this long. Is it because I had 11 month under my belt?
Old 05-09-2016, 09:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's fear - you fear you screwed up your job.

I think if words were going to be said, they would have been said today - but maybe it's good to remember this fear you're feeling....this is a direct result of you drinking again.

D
Old 05-10-2016, 12:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's fear - you fear you screwed up your job.

I think if words were going to be said, they would have been said today - but maybe it's good to remember this fear you're feeling....this is a direct result of you drinking again.

D
Thanks Dee74. Those are wise words. I did talk to the boss Monday and said that I'm not going to loss my but will talk to other at the office which I personal don't want people to know about my issue or my issue is still a problem. Which I thought with more than 11 month I have pass the point where I can deal with anything.