Notices

3 years and Need to "Freshen" Things Up

Old 05-06-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I second the motion for starting a meeting in your area. Surely you can't be the only one of our kind in your town. Seems like it would be an exciting thing to do! Also, I "attend" online video AA meetings which are really cool because you get to interact and they have meetings virtually ALL DAY LONG! I will inbox you the site I use if you like! Congrats on 3 years!
Old 05-07-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Okay, so y'all got me to do some research. Even though I am not AA's biggest fan, I do appreciate and find value in the friendship and shared experiences... so I looked up local meetings and truly, there are NONE! There's a meeting once a week about 15 minutes away North and 3 meetings a week 20 minutes East... This has got me thinking...

Unless I live in a weird bubble of "natural dryness", this area could use a new meeting or 10...
Old 05-08-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Why not give the existing ones a go. 15 or 20 minutes isn't far to be honest. Most of the ones I go to are at least that far. Then when you get to know the people there you may find someone who'd like to help set up the new one with you.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

PS I find the speaker tapes realky useful when I can't get to a meeting or have something I felt I need to work on. Here's a link, just in case they could be useful for you. .. 5500+ AA Speakers & Tapes - Organized & Mobile-Friendly!
Old 05-08-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hello, and congratulations on three years!
Do you mind if I ask what you mean by "stale"? Are you concerned at all that with your present life and obligations that there isn't enough in your life to keep your sobriety uppermost? I don't mean any offence. I am interested. I'm coming up to three years soon. Do you post at all in a monthly class here? I find it an invaluable resource.
Al the best.