Notices

Emotions up and down

Old 05-05-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I know it's normal at 18 days for emotions to be a roller coaster, but it sure does suck. I have spuratic bouts of happiness where I don't feel depressed or down. I can't wait to have more non-depressed moments.

An aquaitence I know passed away this morning. She was a very sweet lady. Even though I don't even consider her a friend, it makes me really sad. I know several people she knows. She's had bad health for a while, but this was unexpected. She had kidney issues, but yesterday she just quit breathing at home and was taken to the hospital. Passed this morning.

I've been battling major anxiety due to my work load at the office. Even if I wasn't battling sobriety, it would be stressful due to the issues going on. I still think I made a huge mistake moving back to my home state/area. I've been miserable ever since coming back. I'm not making any major decisions now, but if I feel this way in 6 months I may go back to where I was living.

That is my rambles for the day. I look forward to feeling better which keeps me going. Even when I want to throw in the towel.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Keep on sinderos

Every day sober is a huge win .

I'm sure things will fall into place one way or another with where your living if you keep sober .

m
Old 05-05-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on 18 days sober!

And, it's good that you kept the door open to moving back where you were.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm sorry for your loss Sinderos keep on going you always have us x
Old 05-05-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know what its like for your emotions to be like a roller coaster, going up and down and not seeing the light. I have been dealing with that for close to 90 days now. Our circumstances are a little different, but I know how you feel and I can tell you that its hard to fight, but the battle is worth it. I cannot say I am perfect, but am certainly making progress in certain areas. I live in a lot of fear and anxiety over my present circumstances, but I know this too shall pass at some point.

Sometimes, even as hard as it is, we have to do our best to focus on the good things that we have going on in our lives. Amidst all the bad, there is always some good, and that will soon outshine all the negative in our heads.

I am sincerely sorry for your loss. I have a best friend who's mom recently passed away, and I was heart broken by the news. I really loved that woman and she had a big impact in my life, and sadly I didn't realize it until it was too late. May the lost souls of this world rest in paradise, I know I will see her in the Heaven above someday soon.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The beginning of sobriety is always a roller coaster of emotions.

Going to counseling can help you learn different techniques to calm yourself and handle stress.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to go to a psychiatrist that specializes in addiction and get a full psych evaluation done to see if there are any underlying mental health issues. It is very common to be dual diagnosis and have an addiction and mental health issues. When I finally go the right medicines to handle my bipolar type 2 disorder then I was able to move further in my recovery and have a much better quality of life.

I hope that things settle down for you a little bit. Keep moving forward!