Notices

Triggered by milestones??

Old 05-05-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Charliee, congratulations on 60 days! I'm all about wanting quick fixes too, I think it's a trait that many people with addiction problems share. But early sobriety certainly came with a lesson in patience for me! Give yourself time, it really does get better and better. You are 59 days removed from day 1, and that's huge!

I like the reward idea also. Do something nice for yourself at 60 days that you wouldn't ordinarily do. I did that, at 30, 60, 90 days, 6 months and 1 year. I am looking forward to my 2 year anniversary in September. If someone had told me 2 years ago that I would be sober and as happy as I am today, I would have told them they were crazy! Now I couldn't imagine NOT being sober. Please don't undo what you have accomplished, you can do this!!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I find milestones to be mildly gratifying but they just aren't a big deal. The only thing that is a big deal to me is dieing sober but I imagine it will be a little late to celebrate.

I worry about today. If I go to sleep sober than today has been a good. Tomorrow will bring whatever tomorrow brings but tomorrow is not today
Old 05-09-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm on day 70 now and everyday is a roller-coaster right now. I haven't had a drink and I will count that as a sucess. Today was not horrible, it was okay I guess. Right now I will settle for okay, it's better than when I was drinking that's for sure. I'm trying to be as positive as I can and live for today
Old 05-10-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dang MIRecovery! Ha ha

The only thing that is a big deal to me is dieing sober but I imagine it will be a little late to celebrate.

You can celebrate your sobriety while you're still alive!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good on you for 60 days!
One thing that i'm learning, is that sobriety will give you a better life for sure, but life in general won't be absolutely perfect bells and whistles and unicorns.
But that's life - it will have it's ups and downs.

I've been looking back on all the excuses I gave myself in order to drink. I have a lot of them. One of them is my life's gonna suck anyway even if i'm sober, might as well drink.

Another reason I drank was because of fear and failure. My thinking was, what if I do get sober, and i'm still a screw up in life (ie. can't keep a job etc).
Old 05-10-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Also, you said you lack self respect. I, too, lost my job and license. I hated myself.
But i've accomplished a lot in my life, and that's what I focus on. I am worthy of love. And I'm working on loving myself. I'm still a good person, I just did a helluva lot of bad things. I used to pity myself all the time, big excuse I used to drink.

You have a family, kids - that's wonderful! Focus on that, and I wish you an infinite amount of sober days in the future.