Notices

Day 8

Old 05-03-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SvI

Day 8

Hello fellow quitters!

Well I'm on day 8 of my sobriety. Not even sure what pushed me to finally start (I've tried to start hundreds of times over my 16 years of daily drinking), this time something just clicked. I was having a perfectly pathetic Tuesday "sick" day after a Monday night bender and something inside me just said enough. I haven't posted before, but have been lurking and reading as I battled insomnia and anxiety of the first week. I've been working out and watching my diet and all that good stuff - days 5 & 6 were great. I genuinely thought I was past the withdrawal part. Now these last 24 hours I am absolutely freezing. My resting heart rate (measured by Fitbit) has dropped from 74 while drinking to 64, but is now closer to 56 unless I get up and purposely move around. Im in Houston and have two sweaters on at work and still freezing. Has anyone else experience this? Is it normal? I'm not an athlete by any extent of the imagination, got my 50 extra booze lbs to get prove it, just wondering when this phase (if it is a phase) will end.
Thanks!
Erm
Old 05-03-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, SvI, and congrats on being 8 days into a better way of life.

Everybody's withdrawal symptoms are different. I'm sure someone will chime in who has had similar symptoms to yours. I can't imagine anyone staying cold for too long with summer in Houston coming up. The sweatiest big city in the world.

Wishing you the best and I look forward to getting to know you better in recovery.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello
Old 05-03-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard SVl. I think like Casey said, every body's withdrawal symptoms can be different. I know my blood pressure dropped way down during my first 3 months; although mine needed to since I was on BP meds for elevated blood pressure for many years. I do remember being colder when my body was adjusting to not having alcohol in it. When I was drinking every day, I was always shaking and sweating...

If you're concerned, take a trip to your doctor. Otherwise, stay strong and a big congrats on day 8. That's a huge accomplishment. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hi Svl well done on 8 days!
Old 05-03-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I believe your body is in the process of normalizing itself, and that will take some time. Even though you've got that extra weight, I would encourage you to eat well until your body finds its equilibrium. The low heart rate, probably low BP and being cold doesn't surprise me. good job on 8 days.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome svl

If you're concerned at all it's best to see a Dr but like everyone says everyone's withdrawal experience is different

D