Notices

something I've noticed

Old 05-03-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

something I've noticed

I have noticed lately that there seems to be so many people that have relapsed and many more that have made the tough decision to get sober.
It just saddens me that so many people out there are suffering so much, and it makes me very angry that alcohol has done this to so many nice people.
Like everybody on SR, I wish I could do more than just post on SR. Sometimes, it just doesn't seem enough.
I just hope everybody that is struggling right now stays strong and determined and know that there is a much better life out there for you once you get through all the pain you are dealing with.
Hope everybody has a great day!! John
Old 05-03-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is sad what booze takes away but the good news is we can recover.

Although rare, my better half (who does not drink) and I go to a local pub as the food is outstanding, she asks me from time to time if it bothers me being in that environment, my response has always been the same, no but it makes me sad that the drunks at the bar are destroying themselves and people that love and care for them, same group is generally there and business people as I know two of them from my banking career.

It is encouraging that folks come here for help and hope and I am thankful that in a very small way I can offer suggestions to some of what works for me.

Andrew
Old 05-03-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AA meetings have demonstrated to me that so many people do recover! And flourish!! Have you been to any meetings?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent post brother
Old 05-03-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
AA meetings have demonstrated to me that so many people do recover! And flourish!! Have you been to any meetings?
Yes, many. John
Old 05-03-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I have noticed lately that there seems to be so many people that have relapsed and many more that have made the tough decision to get sober.
It just saddens me that so many people out there are suffering so much, and it makes me very angry that alcohol has done this to so many nice people.
Like everybody on SR, I wish I could do more than just post on SR. Sometimes, it just doesn't seem enough.
I just hope everybody that is struggling right now stays strong and determined and know that there is a much better life out there for you once you get through all the pain you are dealing with.
Hope everybody has a great day!! John
What I find interesting is the number of people who are suffering or are definitely alcoholics, and they have no idea what they are doing is NOT normal.