Notices

day 3

Old 05-02-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3

Day 3 here and so far so good. I tossed the four pack and smokes also.. I really want to stay clean but lately seems I can't get pass the four day mark. Or I let minor stuff set me off. For example I'll get slightly upset or have a long day at work and my mind says "drink" .. this time I'm trying to advoid all triggers.. relax and relax and more relax lol... I have noticed that my fatigue an slight muscle weakness came back after not drinking for 3 days.. I get the fatigue but don't understand the muscle weakness. The other month I did 21 days sober and I could barely get out of bed.. my arms and legs felt week. But when I started back drinking it went away.. # scratches head
Old 05-02-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on day 3 toni.

Withdrawals are not fun unfortunately, and they seem to get worse and worse each time we go through them. But they do end, so stay strong and try to take care of yourself physically. Drink lots of water, eat healthy foods, get enough rest, get some exercise, etc. Seeing a doctor for a checkup is a good idea too.

What have you been doing from a recovery standpoint when you try to quit? Do you go to meetings? Have you seen a counselor or considered any kind of rehab or detox? Do you follow any formal recovery method at all?

Simply "not drinking" is not a recovery plan. Our addiction will win that battle every time - we need to start learning how to "live sober". AKA - we need to find better ways to deal with life than by running away to a bottle.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Toni. I agree with Scott. Just "not drinking" will carry you only so far. What support do you have?

I'd head to the doctor, just for a check up. I had muscle weakness when I first quit - like I was going to collapse when walking - that I didn't have when I was drinking. In my mind, it was anxiety related to withdrawal. But, I'm not a doctor.

Keep pushing forward. You can do it.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonib View Post

Day 3 here
A most excellent start on the sober road.
Sometimes it takes a few restarts for some
before they make a serious discission.

MM
Old 05-02-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Nice job tonib
Old 05-02-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day 4, tonib. Some wise advice above from both Ruby and Scott. Wishing you the best today!
Old 05-02-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks I'm pretty sure the weakness is from not drinking or a withdrawal symptom for me because I feel it when I don't drink. While drinking the issue goes away and I feel fine. But this time I'm going to hang in there. Last time I only went 21 days and felt so weak I just drank and it went away. This time no matter what I will not drink
I did see my doctor who said my strength was good and my labs look perfect which is great
As far as meetings haven't yet began really am hesitant to go to a physical meeting. I've been here and there over the years but felt really uncomfortable. I hate speaking in groups. I think I may talk to my doctor regarding getting individual counseling.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

The other month I did 21 days sober and I could barely get out of bed.. my arms and legs felt week. But when I started back drinking it went away.. # scratches head
It's addiction Toni. If you feel bad, then good when you get your 'fix', that's addiction.

I hope you develop a plan a little more robust than simply trying not to drink too - making a plans not hard, altho making the commitment can be.

D
Old 05-02-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Fight for you life. Booze is poison.

You have to make it a month, then you are dealing w pure mental issues.

They are not as painful, but they last a long time.

After a month, at least the physical will be over.