Notices

It's me again Margret...

Old 05-06-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

i get feedback every time i want feedback and call my sponsor or others in recovery.
also when i listen atmeetings if i bring up a problem then listen.

dave,imo you should get into aa instead of around it.

something the program taught me was all of the anger i had was based in fear.

and fear and pride kept me from opening up to someone else about me.
had no problem doing it drunk, though, without wanting help.
got me some courage and started opening up and DAM!!! i got solutions!
Old 05-07-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond to my thread and offer your input. Every response is considered and given a great deal of thought.

I'am re-evaluating my plan of sobriety and tweeking it, if you will, based on past failures. Just as soon as I have the plan solidified I will post it for your comment.

The basic plan consist's of getting to a point that I can reduce my self, inflicted, inward anger, start a very dedicated exercise program (to minimize depression) to bolster my commitment to sobriety long term and to lose my excess weight of which I have WAY too much of and to establish a healthy and nutritious eating plan to promote my recovery from alcohol and to improve my health. Furthermore, I want to feel good about myself and be comfortable in my own skin. Self esteem and self confidence is at a life-time low for me at the present time. I have fleeting thoughts that I dont want to die...but it has to be better than the hell I'am going through now! Total hopelessness ! That in itself tells me that something is drastically wrong!

Of course the bottom line is actually being commited to and carrying out my plan, something I have been lacking in with past quit attempts. "Waning Resolve" to stay sober has been a killer for me in the past. I'am working on it. Input would be most welcome on the subject. I get to feeling better at a month sober and what does my mind start thinking??? You guessed it.

I also plan to incorporate AA in the mix as well. I'am looking at commiting to a minimum of two meetings a week. Closed meetings do me the best good. I know I'am talking to those that really know from where I come. I have found a location that I like very much and feel comfortable at. It fits in very well with my sobriety plan.

So, that is an update on me at the moment. My stop date will be this Monday 5/9/2016. Please dont bombard me with "Why not now...today" ! Monday is my decision to begin my quit attemp and I'am sticking to it !

So this is my "Watered Down" plan. Details and additional comment to follow.

Please pray for me.

Love to everyone and THANK YOU for being here for me !

DD
Old 05-07-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

The basic plan consist's of getting to a point that I can reduce my self, inflicted, inward anger, start a very dedicated exercise program (to minimize depression) to bolster my commitment to sobriety long term and to lose my excess weight of which I have WAY too much of and to establish a healthy and nutritious eating plan to promote my recovery from alcohol and to improve my health. Furthermore, I want to feel good about myself and be comfortable in my own skin. Self esteem and self confidence is at a life-time low for me at the present time. I have fleeting thoughts that I dont want to die...but it has to be better than the hell I'am going through now! Total hopelessness ! That in itself tells me that something is drastically wrong!
I know you mentioned AA later, but can you see there's not too much here about actually not drinking Dave?

Take a few minutes and look at this link - it can make a good plan into a great one

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 05-07-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Sending prayers your way Dave.

What are you going to do when you're triggered by anger? Having a plan for those instances was when I found having a plan critical.

When I was feeling triggered, I made sure to have replacement drinks on hand, no alcohol around, I'd go for a walk or I'd go and work-out (or both), go to the store to browse, have flourless brownies on hand to treat myself, and if all else failed and I was tired of fighting, I'd go to bed.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yes Dee, AA is just another tool in the box. It was not meant to be an after thought ! AA can not get me sober ! All it can do is help KEEP me sober. The plan I layed out is very preliminary but it seems like it's never good enough!..yes I'am soliciting input and I thank you for your's. I'am still finalizing the details of my plan but I'am not going to present the whole plan on a single post. No one is going to set there and read a post for two hours !

In a nutshell...I plan to stop drinking because I have reached the point that I want to be sober more than I want to be drunk ! THAT is what will stop me from drinking ! I'am TIRED of it and have had ENOUGH !

I just need to keep my resolve ! I have a plan for that too ! I just wish I knew what it is right now. I'am working on it.

Thank you for your input.

DD
Old 05-07-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

make a conscious decision to stop. and agreement with yourself.
the sooner the better...

let it play out.. having a plan and a set of tools is helpful. but you must make the first step of stopping. now apply what you have planned.
and don't worry too much if one thing doesn't work out.. there is a lot on your list. try another. there is a million things to do besides drinking.